*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2011679-World-Assignment-8
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #2011679
The beginning and ending of the fantasy world of Harry Potter

World Assignment #8



The author J. K. Rowling was on a train from Manchester to London. An idea came to her of a boy attending school of wizardry formed in her mind. From here Harry Potter was born. In the story, it started with Harry Potter's parents dying. Harry was at this point delivered to his Muggle relatives until he was of age to be invited to attend the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Eventually Harry would find out that his relatives were keeping a secret from him, that he is a wizard.

In the end, Harry and Voldemort engage in a climatic duel. Harry reveals that his sacrifice of his life will protect the Wizarding community from Voldemort in same way his mother sacrificed herself for Harry all those years ago; the theme that is strong is love conquers all. During the duel Harry refuses to use the killing curse and encourages Voldemort to feel remorse, this is one way to heal Voldemort's shattered soul. In the end Voldemort uses the killing curse which back fires and kills him, the death eaters are defeated.

There is an epilogue which briefly explains what is happening nineteen years later. Harry and Ginny is a couple and have three kids. Ron and Hermione have two children themselves. The book ends with the final words, "The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well."

© Copyright 2014 TJ Marie (snow_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2011679-World-Assignment-8