*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024970-Just-like-that
by Burney
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #2024970
Just a random thought that kept me up till 3 in the morning.
Arrange marragies are very common in subcontinent. Ours was one. I had met Sarah a few times before our wedding. She was amazing. Anyone in his right mind would fall for her instantly. But that was the problem I was not of sound mind.

For 5 years I loved this girl, Sana. She was my best friend. Somehow it didn't workout. She went off and married a rich guy and I knew I could never love again.

Two days before the wedding I called Sarah out. I didn't want to keep any secret from her so, I told her everything.

" I'll be the best husband you can wish for. I'll take care of you, I'll be your best friend. The only thing I can't give you is love. I don't think I have any left to give away"

To my amusement, she smiled. She put her hand on to mine and said,"I'll wait".

"You might wait for eternity for an empty well to fill with water".

"Then I would just wait for the rain".



We got married, in front of 300 people. Everyone was happy and the good thing was no suspected that I wasn't, except her. 2 days later we consummated our marriage. I did everything a husband should do for his new bride. As she drifted off to sleep, I went out and sat in the balcony. I felt heavy,  I felt like I cheated. I wasn't being true to my wife. Somewhere during the night I slept. Hours later I woke up by the bright sun light. I found her right next to me. Covered in a blanket. As I looked at her she opened her eyes.

I said "You won't believe what just happened"

"What"

"I just fell in love with you, just like that".





(300 words)

Wrote it at 3 in the morning.
© Copyright 2015 Burney (e.a.burney at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024970-Just-like-that