*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045803-Lucastia
by Pemi
Rated: E · Draft · Teen · #2045803
A story about a girl and her family in a life changing situation that leads to adventure.
Chapter 1


I looked out of the dust covered window next to my seat. I looked out at the trees as we passed by them. The houses on the ground and up, at the floating ones in the sky. The train we are on seems to be moving so fast that everything turns into a blur , as my eyes tries to focus on something, anything to distract me, to keep the event of this afternoon from replaying in my head.

I was strolling through the marketplace , looking for a gift for my sister, Estella. Her birthday is in a week's time and I still haven't been able to find anything she might like. Suddenly I felt a chill go down my back . “Oh god” I whirl around, trying to get the ice stuck in the middle of my back out. I could feel the cold spreading through my entire back , and up my neck, as the ice melts and blends with my sweat from the burning sun.

Finally I let out the breath I’ve been holding. Then I hear the sound of laughter behind me. Turning around , I cross my arms over my chest as I tried to look irritated. “Talon! This is not funny anymore!” He was still laughing loudly, oblivious to the curiosity eyes of the other patrons. I walked over to him and gave him a little pinch on the arm, not enough to leave a mark but enough to make him stop laughing . “Ow. Alright, alright. I’m sorry!” I let go of his arm. Taking a step back, I turned to walk away from him as fast as I could.

I heard his footsteps running to catch up with me, followed closely by his voice. “ Come on, don't get mad at me. I know you like it, especially in this hot weather.” He squinted his eyes up at the sun. I couldn’t help but smile a little. He was right, I did like it, and the weather was particularly blazing today.
I looked through some kiosks , pretending to ignore Talon. One of the kiosks has some fabrics and dresses. The other sells some jewelries and beauty products. Both of which she has no interest in.


© Copyright 2015 Pemi (pemi2809 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045803-Lucastia