by Pico ヨハネス
My Dear Me contest entry.
I think I did this years ago on WDC but haven't in quite awhile. This year I'm going to lay it out. This is what I want to accomplish with my writing this year. These are the goals that I think if I'm disciplined enough I will accomplish.
1) Daily writing is something I've done in the past but have been falling flat on. I don't just want to keep a journal and I am fully aware that there will be days when accomplishing something written will be impossible. I want to produce at least one piece of work on average every day for the entire year. That would include blog posts, articles and pieces written on my WDC account. I've been doing this since December 24th successfully so I think there is no reason why I can't continue.
2) Resurrect Pico's Cycling – Tales of the Road as an online magazine. I started it at the tail end of 2013 and published monthly till July of this past year. I am hoping to relaunch sometime around the spring of this year. The idea is to do interviews of long distance touring cyclists, cycling book and site reviews as well as product reviews. My own experiences are not enough. I think I can get the ball rolling again even if it means doing it bi-monthly.
3) Consistently participate on WDC. I can do reviews and give back to the community here. I've gained a lot with the time I've spent on this site.
4) Break into freelancing. I've looked at other writers out there who are doing it and I can't see any reason why I'm not capable of drawing a small side income from my writing. I'm already registered on a number of sites and am poised to get somewhere (I hope).
5) I have two complete rough draft manuscripts: Rat in the Shadows and The Shadow Sleeps. I want those both polished and in the hands of my publisher before the end of the year. I owe it to my readers, my publisher and above all myself.
That maps out an ambitious year. I have to get to it.
Keep on Writing,
Word count: 367