*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2085472-Parental-Guidance
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #2085472
“Dr. Oz said we should provide ‘close supervision’ ..." A Daily Flash Fiction HM
Parental Guidance


Parents should provide close supervision of their child. It shows their love, their concern, and sets clear boundaries that will guide their child toward a moral and productive life.

“Did you hear that Ed?” asked Marge.

Ed looked up from the book he was reading. “What?”

“We should be monitoring Harold and be aware of what he’s doing. Dr. Oz just said so!”

“Dr. Who? Isn’t he a time traveler or something?”

“No, you idiot. Dr. Oz!”

“Never heard of him,” Ed responded, returning to his book.

“Well, I’m going to check Harold's room.”

“Marge, he’s a teenager. We’ve raised him right. I’m sure …”

“Dr. Oz said we should provide ‘close supervision’ and that’s just what I plan to do.”

Ed knew he was in a losing argument – which most with Marge were – and waived dismissively. The glass is always half empty with her.

Marge started with the drawers, worked her way to the closet, and checked under the bed. As she was standing up, she noticed the corner of a magazine peeping out from under Harold’s mattress.

Lifting the mattress, Marge pulled out a handful of magazines. “Oh my god!” she exclaimed looking over several BDSM covers. Women and men were tied in various positions. They were locked into strange contraptions. She felt light-headed but grabbed them up and ran to the living room.

“Ed. Look at this filth I found. Just look!”

Ed took the top magazine and leafed through the pages.

“What are we going to do?” demanded Marge.

“What did that Doctor say?”

Marge stuttered. “He … he didn’t say anything.”

“Well one thing’s for sure,” Ed laughed. “We probably shouldn’t spank him!”

Ed never saw the remaining magazines flying toward his head.



Divider line



An entry for "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
Prompt: Write a story that includes the words: "lock, glass, tie"
Word Limit: 300
Word Count: 288

© Copyright 2016 🌕 HuntersMoon (huntersmoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2085472-Parental-Guidance