*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107490-Hello-Me
by QPdoll
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #2107490
A conversation between 2016 me and 2017 me.
“You’ve welcomed in the New Year. I guess you have lots of plans.”

“Yes, I do. I’m setting some goals this year.”

“Ha. You set goals every year and you never achieve them. You’re too lazy.”

“But I’m determined to get one goal accomplished.”

“And what, pray tell, would that be?”

“I’m going to get the basement bedroom and bathroom finished.”

“Sure you will.”

“I’ve already priced the drywall. The room’s studded and ready for the walls and ceiling.”

“Well, maybe you’re right. Maybe you will accomplish one goal. You did do something in 2016, you lost weight … only to gain it back plus more.”

“Thanks for reminding me. I’ve got a plan in place to lose weight again this year, too. Only this time, I won’t be gaining it back because it’s too hard to lose.”

“Sure you will.”

“You know, why do you have to be so negative? That’s another thing I’ll be leaving back in 2016.”

“Good for you. It’s best that you leave it here with me. It will give you a clean slate. So what other plans do you have for 2017?”

“I’d like to take a mini family vacation. This will be the last summer I’ll get with Rachel. After next year, she’ll be on her way to France for part of the summer.”

“That sounds like fun. Where are you going to go?”

“The girls have been talking about Holiday World, so I think that’s an option. I may come up with something different, but so far, that’s the plan.”

“You’ll enjoy it, I know. There were so many trips you wanted to take and things you wanted to do last year that you didn’t get to. Any camping in your plans?”

“No. There are too many work schedules to coordinate. Plus I can’t leave Rachel by herself over the weekend. I don’t think either of us are ready for that.”

“Any other goals?”

“Yes, to read at least one book per month. I’ve got lots of learning and reading to do.”

“Any writing goals?”

“Yes, to enter at least one contest per month. I have a New Horizons class this month. Another goal I’ve set is to do at least one review per week. I know they’re small goals, but I want to start small.”

“You’ll be more successful that way. Good thinking. Maybe you’ll achieve more goals than I think you will. We’ll have to chat before 2018 to see how far you’ve come.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m motivated.”

“By what? What is motivating you?”

“The sheer will of wanting to accomplish them. I’ll feel better about myself.”

“Indeed, you will! You’ve got good plans. Now you need to let someone else know to keep you accountable.”

“Oh, that’s a great idea. I’ll do that.”

“And who is that person going to be?”

“I think I’ll let my family know. They’ll all keep me honest.”

“Okay. Good luck to you.”

“Thank you.”

Word Count: 495
© Copyright 2017 QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107490-Hello-Me