*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113418-Being-in-your-twentys-is-hell
Rated: E · Editorial · Adult · #2113418
If you think you can't do it. Maybe this can help you realize you can.
You know that feeling, the one where you're just done? With people, your job, school, life.. You have begun constantly thinking about what ifs and maybes. Or even, "well I could," or "a lot of people do this." When you're just stuck between a rock and a hard place. It sounds nice to talk about what you want, until reality shoves its ugly face in, to remind you of what you need instead. You have started losing trust in your own intuitions. You can stare at yourself in the mirror all day long and still not be able to begin to comprehend what the hell you're doing. You're blindly making decisions that will never stick. Friends and family will give their opinions as often as they please, it still wont help you when it comes to doing the action it takes to reach your goal. It all seems as such a platonic dream. You see obstacles every which way you turn, the cons always seem to out weigh the pros. You feel completely trapped in your mind.

There are days you say to yourself, "I can do this," "I am strong enough" and you believe it! Others, you become helpless and can not ever find a second in the day to break down. You know exactly what you want, you have an idea of how to achieve it. Yet, for some reason, there's always something holding you back. There is always an excuse for why this or that won't work. You don't have enough money, you can't bring yourself to leave that town because of the memories. You're afraid of starting new, change has never been your friend. What will happen if your plans backfire and your stuck in a situation you have no clue how to escape. All of these come to mind when a huge decision/commitment is brought forward. You fear things will not go as smoothly as they sound. Like as they say, easier said than done.

Well, guess what. You'll never know until you try. Yes, there are risks awaiting every turn you make. Without them though, you'd never make a decision in your life! Sometimes, the outcome can surprise you. It's just something you will have to do and hope for the best. It could be, buying a new house, moving across the states/country. Asking someone to marry you, even simply just starting a new job. Fear is the balance of our lives. You may feel comfortable where you're at in your life right now and that's why making this major decision seems impossible. Just keep reminding yourself, without change, fear and acceptance. You'd never be where you are today. If you can just get there, keep your head held high, you'll find the strength you need to do what you want to do. Think back to the beginning of middle school, sixth grade, you were mortified the first day. Wondering if you'll have friends in your classes or if you'll have somewhere to sit during lunch. High school was probably no better either. Given you wanted to be an adult and show people what you know they want to see. You got through that, you got through 2007, take that in! Absolutely nothing is impossible. It takes courage, strength and belief to overcome the demons you keep running into. You have all three of those, whether you believe it or not. Just think, if you didn't, how did you survive this long?
© Copyright 2017 Inspire_Beyond (kaityburr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113418-Being-in-your-twentys-is-hell