*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2117748-The-Dogs-Did-It
by QPdoll
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2117748
A Spring Romance - for the Weekly Quickie Round 240
She couldn't believe she'd met such a hot guy at the dog park earlier in the week. They both have the same kind of dog, a Golden Retriever. She welcomed him to the neighborhood and he asked her to coffee on Saturday morning, then offered to cook her dinner Saturday night.

Dressed and ready to go, her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hi, there."

It was him. The dream date.

"Hi. What's up?"

"Well, I wanted to tell you that you can bring Gracie with you if you want. It will give Buddy someone to play with."

"Oh. Okay. That sounds like fun. I'm just walking out the door now so we should be there in about ten minutes unless Gracie decides she wants to run instead of walk."

"Do you want me to meet you?"

"No, that's okay. We'll be there soon."

She ended the call, latched on Gracie's leash and started off. They arrived ten minutes later. It was a nice Cape Cod and he was waiting at the door. Oh, what a vision to see.

He leaned toward her and kissed her on the cheek.

"I'm glad you came."

"I'm glad I came, too. Thank you for inviting me."

He motioned for her to step inside. "Well, come on in. Dinner's almost ready."

She followed him into the kitchen.

"Are we having pasta?"

"We are. I hope that's okay."

"It's great." She took a look around. The kitchen was light brown with a light oak floor. She stood at the island while he worked on dinner.

"I like your house. How long ago did you say you moved here?"

"I've been here about a month. The neighbors are nice and I like the neighborhood. I especially like the dog park." He smiled big at her.

"I'm glad you found the dog park, too."

"Okay." Mike took two plates from the cabinet. "We're ready to eat. Oh, I have wine chilling in the fridge. Would you like some?"

"I would love some wine. Thank you."

They enjoyed each other's company over dinner and got to know one another better. They leaned into each other and held hands. After dinner, they cleaned up and sat to watch a movie.

Near the end of the movie, Mike leaned over and whispered in her ear. "I'd really like to kiss you. May I?"'

A spark arose in her belly. She turned toward him and whispered back. "Yes, I'd like for you to kiss me."

He put his lips on hers and started slowly. Her body warmed quickly. The voltage was amazing.

He reached around and pulled her to his lap and deepened the kiss. Their tongues danced together and her arms wrapped around his neck.

That's when Gracie nosed her leg, interrupting them.

"Gracie, go lay down with Buddy."

She turned back to Mike and was almost into place when Gracie nosed her again.

"Do you think they're out of water?" he asked.

"Maybe. More like she's ready to go home. It is getting late. I think we should be going."

They stood up. Mike put his hands in his pockets and shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay. I'd really like to see you again. I hope we can get together soon."

She smiled and stepped to him. She tugged him to her and gave him a kiss.

"You can bet on it. I'll see you at the dog park on Monday and I'll bring the coffee."

*****


She arrived at the local dog park and turned both his heads.

She smiled, let Gracie off her leash and walked to him and handed him his coffee.

He stood and kissed her. They were alone. They sat close together on the bench, holding hands and watching the dogs play.

"It's too bad we both have to be at work today. I'd love to spend the day with you, letting you show me around. I need to know what this city has to offer."

She thought about the places she could take him. Of course, to her bed is really where she wanted to go.

"That would actually be fun. How about this Saturday?"

"It's a date." He gazed into her eyes. "I'd actually like to see you sooner. Could we do dinner on Wednesday?"

Lisa found her belly heating up at the thought.

"Sure. Do you want to go out or would you like to come over to my place?"

"Let's go out. You pick the place and I'll pick you up at 6:30."

"Well, I hate to run, but I've got to get Gracie home and get to work."

They stood and pulled her close and kissed her gently. She melted.

"See you tomorrow, same time, same place. I'll bring the coffee."

She smiled and kissed him back. "We'll be here."

She leashed Gracie and left.

He leaned back against the bench and watched her walk away, enjoying the view of her backside in a black skirt and heels. Oh, wouldn't it be awesome to see her in just those heels.


Word Count: 835
© Copyright 2017 QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2117748-The-Dogs-Did-It