*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127051-Mother-Nature
Rated: E · Short Story · Nature · #2127051
From a fill in the blank story idea.
Once upon a time, there was a profound moment when the world realized that they'd gone too far with Mother Nature's gifts, but by then, it was too late to prevent the wrath that she unleashed on the world for defiling her sanctuary. Every day since time began, Mother Nature has expended her efforts creating vast and picturesque panoramas of beauty, each etched with minute details of color, variety, and life, but to no avail or respect from humanity.

One day, although she'd sent countless warnings and tumultuous events in the guise of earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, and weather disturbances that left debris and death behind them, nobody heeded her hidden plea; stop this madness before it's too late. Because of that, Mother Nature, after countless centuries, despaired that humanity would never listen, would never stop their hell-bent desire to destroy her creations. Until one day, after witnessing the extinction of yet another animal because its habitat had been bulldozed to make room for yet another concrete and steel monstrosity, Mother Nature gave up on her greatest creation. She used her breath to cover the earth with a fog so dense that the life-giving sun could not break through, and darkness lay heavy on the ground. And then the madness began as humanity destroyed each other in fear and despair when the earth shook, and the storms raged unchecked for a year and a day.

Finally, Nature's Wrath expended itself, and the fog dissipated, so the land became visible again. The land and its wild inhabitants, untouched by her wrath, rose to greet her in all their glory. The edifices of concrete and steel are gone, rubble, swallowed by the earth. Humbled humanity, those who remained realized the gift of life and began anew.
© Copyright 2017 dragonline (dragon online) (dragonline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127051-Mother-Nature