*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138436-Types-of-All-Terrain-Vehicles
Rated: E · Article · Animal · #2138436
These are the vehicles hunters will rely on most.


When going out in the woods it is wise to equip yourself with the proper transportation for forests and different types of terrain. You small economy car might not be enough. It is better for you. It is better for your vehicle. I found there are three main types that will serve any hunter's purposes. You just need to see your local outdoor retailer to see what is available to you.

Utility ATV's


These ATV's are designed with a short travel suspension, a large engine and more accessories perfect for work or hunting. This attributes make them popular with hunters who travel rough terrains, like you will find in Newfoundland and other various parts of Canada. They ability to carry heavy cargo make them attractive to hunters carrying gear and/or animal carcasses out of the woods or other hunting area. Recently electric ATV's have become popular with hunters because of their high speed.

These vehicles have become popular for recreation as well as hunting.

Sport ATV's


These ATV's tend to be light to handle jumps, bumps and turns. They can be modified with numerous accessories to suit many different needs. The hunter has many differnt options when using Sport ATV's. Forgiving suspensions, responsive engines make them much faster than the Utility equivalents.

They are used in sanctioned racing events, as well.

Side By Sides


These ATV's are like golf carts with suspensions resembling that of a Sport ATV and larger, more powerful engines. Their ability to carry passengers and cargo, light weight, extreme suspension and low wheel base make them helpful to the hunters that wish to take a friend hunting with them-a good idea in any hunting situation.
Side By Sides are popular in rural communities, and some municipalities allow them to be used on highways. They can be used in races or can be modified for Fire and Rescue or Military use.

Children's ATV's


As can be expected, Children's ATV's are smaller than the other types. They have little to no suspension, little power and an automatic transmission or no gears at all.
These ATV's are perfect for the youngster who is first learning about ATV's and how to handle them.

Now, what does all this have to do with conservation? Part of conversation is protecting the environment as a whole. When you choose the proper vehicle on your hunting trip it protects the integrity of all the various terrains that hunters make use of.


© Copyright 2017 amy-Has a great future ahead (shyone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138436-Types-of-All-Terrain-Vehicles