*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2140970-Cliche-Group-Help
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #2140970
Someone helpful tip on how to overcome using cliches.
Hello my name is Cass. Thank you for inviting me to your Cliche monthly meeting. Let me say right from the get-go that many of you remember me from the January TOE Club meeting “The Trie Overused Expressions Club. At that meeting I bore my soul, so to speak and gave some helpful hints on how to kick the habit. Frankly I have raised some Cain, raised the roof (whoop whoop) when I admitted the whole kit and caboodle-- That’s right, I am (shake head), I mean, I was a cliche addict. However, since that meeting, clubs such as yours have been growing like weeds and spreading like wildfire across the country. I know that some of you are like a time bomb waiting to go off almost like the quiet before the storm. So, I’m not going to pull the wool over anyone’s eyes today. I feel you pain, but let's cross that bridge when we get there (to it). I’ve been there and back, but it’s not a reason to kick the bucket just kick the habit, make it vanish into thin air. Sense its all fun and games, until someone gets hurt.

We’re here for a common purpose-- we are trying to break free from that thorn in our side, that thistle among roses, the straw that breaks the camel's back, the cliche. So here are three true blue tips that will help you gain control of your communication skills at the drop of a hat. They’ve been the light at the end of the tunnel for me, folks.

First, I don’t want to make a mountain out of a molehill, but I must pat myself on the back. The first thing I did to acknowledge my cliche addiction was to record every word I said. That’s right you’re hearing it from the horse's mouth. It is vital that you hear what you are saying into figure out what not to say, so that you’ll avoid saying it repeatedly. I couldn’t believe how annoying I sounded. I sounded like a broken record, the squeaky wheel getting grease. I pulled out all the stops to avoid making people climb the walls. By recording my daily conversations I hit the nail on the head, now instead of shooting the breeze, I’m effectively communicating in an honest straightforward manner that will surely help you climb the ladder of success. Easy come, easy go.

This next step is for all you naysayers. out there who are just dragging your feet, specifically your heels, when it comes to eliminating cliches. ADMIT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM! it’s as plain as the nose on your face. You’re throwing your weight around thinking I’m not talking about you. Well’ I am! You’re pushing your luck people! The cliche is going to grab you by the throat and hold on like there is no tomorrow. So stop running around in circles and passing the buck. We don’t live under rocks do we ( forcefully). Wake up and smell the coffee! Face the music! I want all of you to do this, rain or shine, look into a mirror and say “The cliche does not control me! All together now “The cliche does not control me! Whew! Doesn’t that feel great, like a breath of fresh air.

Last but not least, Cliche Club, research your family history. Thats right the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I was a chip off the old block. It was monkey see, monkey do my whole life. MY mother was a cliche addict and so was her mother. It’s like when it rains it pours. But, there's no time like the present to break free from the cycle of abuse. It’s never too late to start, you’ll be feeling like your head's above water and whistling Dixie all at the same time.
© Copyright 2017 Ash Night (ash_night at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2140970-Cliche-Group-Help