*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149871-Knock-Knock
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2149871
How would you act on a dark night when you sense something is at your door?
IF I KNOCKED on your door, would you let me in? Don’t answer that until you look through the door’s peep hole. No, really, have a look. What do you see? Do you see me? Do you know what you’re looking for? Do you know who, or should I say, what I am? Does it scare you not knowing?

It’s dark and misty outside but I am here. I love the mist. So soft and flowing. So easy to hide in. Look to the left. See me yet? No? Why not? I’m here. You need to look again. Look harder.

Why can’t you see that the agent of your own death is here? Humans are so blind and naïve. You don’t believe I exist. Worse, you don’t believe I’m coming for you.

Do you see me yet? Did you see the shadow that just moved across your porch? Keep looking. I can see your eye peering through the peep hole.

I love nights. With the darkness I can move so freely. And you humans hate the night which works in my favor. I can move unseen through the dark and tonight’s mist straight to your door and all I need you to do is open that door when I knock. You know you will. You people always do.

And when the door opens, I’m in. What happens next, how much it hurts or how long you live, is up to you. At least at first. Hell, I’m easy to get along with as long as you do what I want.

So, are you ready? It doesn’t matter because I’m here at the door shrouded in the mist. There you are looking through that peep hole again. Ready? Really ready for what happens next. I hope so because I’m impatient and I am so looking forward to our time together.

Knock. Knock.
© Copyright 2018 J.L. O'Dell (soldierwolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149871-Knock-Knock