*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157934-Why-Million-of-Pets-are-being-Euthanized
Rated: E · Article · Animal · #2157934
There are estimates of over 20,000 animal shelters in countries around the world.
As we approach completion of one-fifth of the 21st Century, we still find it necessary to euthanize over 13,000 pets in animal shelters every day. Even though we've sent a vehicle to Mars at a cost of over two billion dollars, we still haven't figured out a way to stem the tide of animal over-population.

Of the reasons that contribute to this horrid situation, two are quite manageable and do not require rocket science to resolve. Instead, they require human behavioral modifications which could lead to reversing the unnecessary killing in shelters in as few as ten-years. Yet?

One would assume that technologically advanced nations would be exempt from this phenomenon but, the opposite is true. Ironically, they employ even more efficient methods to terminate unwanted pets with the efficiency of an assembly-line. One could conclude that greater numbers of unnecessary deaths are occurring in more advanced nations.

One reason for animal over-population is the failure of new owners to get their pets spayed and neutered. There are all kinds of excuses but their neglect fuels the pet population explosion.

CLUB NO-KILL is working towards a future where there is universal, free spaying and neutering in every nation. Despite what most would assume, the costs of free spay & neuter would be far less than the status quo. Until these two actions are elevated to a positions of importance on par with rescue and sheltering, the number of deaths will remain astronomical. The wisdom of spaying and neutering is reflected in the old adage, "an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

The second great contributor originates within the animal rescue communities themselves. Perhaps 90% or more are highly dependent on donation seeking to raise funds. Asking for money is the original fundraising method brought forth from the 1800's when the animal conscientiousness movement started.

The average shelter and rescue operates under-capitalized yet, they're all over-dependent on donations. As a fundraiser model, donation seeking is no longer sustainable. Unfortunately for sheltered animals, "old habits die hard!".

CLUB NO-KILL 2027 is replacing donation seeking with a new family of fund generating strategies with the capacity to bring in more than adequate income. Fund Generating is a revolutionary, pro-active income model that has been developed to be conducted 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 365-days a year. Unlike donation seeking, fund generating is totally immune from negative economic influences.

It is estimated that there are over 20,000 rescue groups around the world. With the majority relying on donations as their main income source, it doesn't take a rock scientist to figure out why over 13,000 animals are being euthanized each and every day.
© Copyright 2018 vinnythepug (vinnythepug at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157934-Why-Million-of-Pets-are-being-Euthanized