*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165682-Lily-Flower
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #2165682
A young girl, her wedding, A tragic death, A happy ending????
I'm Lily and this is the story of the best day of my life. Sure it looks bad but honestly it wasn't. I wrecked a year ago or so, I had been on my way to my wedding when it happened. I had lost control of my car while it had been raining, it don't help that my hair falling down in my face. The spider lilies kept falling out which caused my hair to fall down of course. That day was supposed to be perfect and it was until this stranger was standing in the road. I had my hair fixed, makeup already done and my wedding gown on, Everything was going to be perfect, except I was late and it was raining. I should've let my father pick me up like he suggested but maybe then he would be stuck here with me. The only thing about that day that wasn't gonna be perfect was my groom for my fiancé had been caught cheating with my maid of honor. Great friend and husband right? Well we haven't exactly spoken since then but with the wedding only being a few days away and everything already paid for we didn't wanna cancel. Well back to the wreckage, I was driving to the wedding when I saw a person standing in the middle of the road. I swerved to keep from hitting them and of course that had cost me my life. I remember crashing into some trees and the car flipping...as well of my death. It was supposed to be the best day of my life and as much as I wanted to believe it was, I know it wasn't going to be. The day before had been the last time I had seen my father, mother or event he rest of my family. but I know they still wish I were alive, because every year on my birthday and what would have been my anniversary, I see the lilies float down the river. The exact river that we were going to float lilies down after the wedding.
© Copyright 2018 Zemira Hammond (zemira_hammond at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165682-Lily-Flower