*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2176387-What-A-Nice-Man
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2176387
Did he? Or didn’t he?
“GET ... MOVE ...”

“Hey, watch what you’re doing, buttheads ... well here’s a gesture back for you ... yeah, keep running. Now I have to pick all this up. Dang it. And it irritates me that I’ve sworn off swearing ... so to speak. Dang it, a good shouted, ‘Dam...ang.’ Oh well, ...”

“Hey, have you seen...”

“Holy crap, man ... you scared the bejesus out of me ... don’t sneak up on me like that.”

“Sorry, man, have you seen a couple dudes, one bout six foot, in a black hoodie with...”

“Yes, they just knocked me down, they went that way. I hope you catch them ... I’ll testify if you need.”

“Thank you, sir, we’ll be in touch.”

“Your welco... oh well, bye.”

“Yo, buddy...”

“Gol Dang It, don’t DO That, you’re the second one to scare me... “

“Someone else has been by?”

“Yeah, about six two with a jumpsuit and...”

“How’d he get here first, I’ll ... thank you, sir...”

“Bye, I might punch the next one ... here he comes now.”

“Hi, have you seen... “

“Yeah, they and the two following them went that way...”

“Two ... there were two following?”

Yeah, separate times and the second one seemed upset the other got there first...”

“Yes, he would. Thank you for your time, sir. Have a good evening.”

“You’re welcome. Good night ... what a pleasant man ... now can I finish picking up? ... there ...what, that sounded like gun fire .. can’t be ... naw, a car backfired... but six times? ... yeah, a couple cars ... l hope that pleasant man wasn’t hurt ... there ... Hi, did you hear all that noise? Sounded like a gun.”

“Yes, I did, it was two cars. Scared me for a moment. I’ve got to run, goodbye.”

“Goodbye, have a good ... what a nice man ... what’s that ... sirens? ...”

© Copyright 2018 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2176387-What-A-Nice-Man