*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178128-Airow
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2178128
His accusation is too quiet to ignore. He accuses me. He calls me a traitor. And I am.

         "Jayden?"
         I looked toward the voice. A boy with curly dirty-blond hair and an all-black outfit was staring at me with tears in his eyes.
         My fingers curled, and I had to remember to keep my back straight. Slouches were all too obvious in these grey-blue Space Force uniforms. I turned away from my brother.
         But his whisper was too quiet to ignore.
         "Jayden, how could you do this?"
         "Welcome to the Space Force, Commander Airow."
         The pin of the emblem caught the skin of my chest, but I didn't flinch. I stared ahead and saluted. Saluted to the Officers and Captains below me, and the General above me. They youngest woman--no, girl--to be employed straight into the Force as a Commander, skipping all the ranks.
         I wore my pride further out on my sleeve than the deep red Commander's ribbons.
         My brother's whispering was becoming too quiet. I couldn't focus.
         "Admiral, please arrest Bryce Airow, a revolutionary hiding in the audience, and open fire on the Airow Revolution ships.
         "Yes, Commander." The salute was ready, the response as cold as my order.
         I watched in pleased silence as my brother was dragged out of the room, screaming. The past I left behind, my history, abandoned for my now. I watched in pleased silence as the shooters under my command opened fire on the ships I used to live on with my brother and the Airow revolutionaries.
         Every single one of them is obliterated.
© Copyright 2018 Rory Mels Tims (rorymelstims at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178128-Airow