*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187307-The-No-BS-Deal
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2187307
The girls don’t lie, that’s the deal.
“Hello?”

“Grampa? It’s Annie. I’m here with Steph and we need you to come get us. Here, talk to this officer.”

“Hello? Am I speaking with Mr. Ian Gordon?”

“Yes. What’s going on?”

“Can you come here. The station on 1st street. As soon as you can, please. It’ll be much simpler.”

“Okay. I’ll be there in an hour.”

“Thank you.”
*****
“I’m Ian Gordon, here for my granddaughters.”

“Detective Sloan’ll be here in 2 minutes.”

“Thanks.”

“Mr. Gordon? I’m detective Sloan. This way please.”

“What’s the problem, detective?”

“Your granddaughters are in here, let’s hear the story together.”

“Good idea.”

“Grampa! Oh god, thank you for coming. We love you.”

“There, kisses around now sit, Steph there and Annie there. Now tell me what happened.”

“We went to the party with Danny and there was some beer there and someone spilled...”

“No Steph, Brad poured beer down Angela’s top and her boyfriend punched him...”

“No Annie, he kicked him in the b... crotch. Then the shouting started and...”

“Stop. I don’t believe a word of it. This is a No BS Moment, talk.”

“Pretty much like we said, but there was pot and beer and the neighbors called the cops... police. Sorry. We’d just found out about the weed and were looking for Danny to leave when the police showed up.”

“Were you smoking?”

“No, Grampa.”

“No BS?”

“No BS, grampa.”

“They’re telling the truth. If there’s onus on them having been there that’s different. They were not doing drugs. The ‘No BS’ is a deal. Tell me the truth and punishment will be a lot less than if you lie. They never lie to me.”

“Okay! Take them home, but we may want to ask more questions.”

“We’re not going anywhere, are we girls?”

“No grampa. We love you.”
© Copyright 2019 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187307-The-No-BS-Deal