*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192269-Pleasantly-Surprised--61-entry
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2192269
Daily Flash Fiction, 296 words
Michelle woke, squinting against the LIGHT filtering through her window. She groaned at her pounding, hungover head. "How much did I drink last night?" She asked the hot MESS of her bedroom.

The muffled ping of a text sounded from underneath her pillow. She fished around until she found the phone. "GET UP!" It commanded. It was from her best friend, Cynthia.

She had four missed calls, three from Cynthia, and one from someone labeled only as Scott.

The glow of the COMPUTER on her desk still displayed the page from "hitmeupI'mdesperatesingles.com" where she arranged to meet in person with a guy she met there. A guy named Scott who looked vaguely like the guy she hung out with last night at a party with Cynthia. It was coming back to her now.

She shuffled to the kitchen in search of ibuprofen. She threw back four with a huge gulp of cold water and read the transcript of Scott's text: "Hey Michelle, I had so much fun last night, I hope you did too. Give me a shout if you want to take me up on that offer of greasy cheeseburgers this afternoon." She was just thinking about how a cheeseburger would be awesome right now.

She called Cynthia. "Girl!" She exclaimed into the phone. Michelle winced at the noise. "Scott is a winner, I'm sure you don't remember much, but last night was a blast." Michelle shook her head. "I remember he doesn't look much like his picture." Cynthia laughed. "Trust me, you're not gonna care! We met his friends, his parents; everyone was at that party last night. They loved you, and you loved them, don't mess this one up. Trust me, go get the cheeseburgers!"

Her hangover was starting to feel better already.







© Copyright 2019 trailerpark bodhisattva (lollycrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2192269-Pleasantly-Surprised--61-entry