*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196380-The-Survey
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2196380
It just was not correct.
“Hello?”

“Hi, this is Ian Morris and I called to ask about my plot survey. The map they sent me is wrong.”

“Mr. Morris, we use nothing but the most expensive equipment and software and our surveyors are very experienced.”

“Well, one of your very expensive pieces of equipment or one of your very experienced surveyors really screwed up and made a huge mistake. Your map shows Highway 101 running east-west and it was actually built running north-south. All odd numbered US highways run north-south.”

“Not true! The 680 runs north-south.”

“That’s an Interstate in Oakland, not a US Highway.”

“You're telling me it was built by Foreigners?”

“No, it wa . . . Well, actually, yeah, I’d bet more than half the work force was undocumented labor.”

“Hello, Mr.Morris, hold on a moment...”

“Uncle Phil, you said I could...”

“Shelly, go to lunch.”

“But it’s only 11?”

“Go now please!”

“Yes, sir.”

“Mr. Morris, I’m so sorry. That was my niece and she’s a little over enthusiastic. You should get the corrected plot today. I apologize, someone monkeyed with the plotter controls.”

“No problem. She had me going for a minute though. Your wife’s niece?”

“Yeah.”

“Thought so, I understand family politics.”

“Thank you.”
© Copyright 2019 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196380-The-Survey