*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196925-Courageous-Encounters
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #2196925
This title came to me to bring courage to others.
Shyness and negativity; the two identities that can lead into withdrawal; an indicator of closing yourself out of the world, kind of like a turtle sticking its neck out and bringing it back into its shell. You're too bashful to speak to anybody. You sink into a depression so deep that you lose your beautiful smile. You tend to lose hope of ever accomplishing anything. What or how can you do anything to get out of this mess or slump that you've gotten yourself into?

Courageous encounters of this kind of dilemma is what you need to do to pull yourself out of this. First of all, get two file boxes with index cards, labeling one as the dilemma box, and the other one as courageous encounters. Whatever the dilemma is, write it down and put it in box #1, and the baby steps that you would take to build up your courage in box #2.

Perhaps you're shy about going to a professional office to find out what they can be able to help you with. Just getting there seems to be a problem, but you took the first step; you made it there. This would be a courageous encounter.

Another courageous encounter would be just getting out of bed in the morning; it may be because you didn't want to do anything on this particular day.

Getting into a car can be a struggle for you at times, but you did do it. I'm so proud of you!; this was one more courageous encounter.

Courageous encounters are those wonderful things you do to make you feel better about yourself. It's like a little kitten looking in the mirror and sees a lion. Give yourself a hug and a pat on the back. You are worthwhile and loved. Tell yourself that, and little by little your shyness and negativity will go away. You now have the strength that you didn't know you had.


Written By Anna Marie Carlson
Sunday, July 21, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Anna Marie Carlson (annamc.poet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196925-Courageous-Encounters