*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197343-Charlie-Wade
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #2197343
Maybe bipolars attract each other: Dissection of a Relationship
Charlie Wade



We met because of our parents. Our our respective parents had met at church. He had a father and a step-mother. I had a mother and a step-father. Our parents went to the cafeteria together, played cards, and attended church functions. I thought the relationship as lovely because it kept my mother out of my hair.


That's not to give you the impression that she intervened in my life, but she almost did with some subjects and some situations. I was fully an adult, but an only child. Mom rescued me a lot. She frequently saved me from my own consequences.

However, in this case, her guided direction for my life was wrong. She wanted Charlie and I to get together. He had been helpful with Mom's handy man chores around the house. He was able to replace the mantels so that her backyard was no longer dark. She found great comfort in knowing she could call Charlie, and whatever it was would be fixed, and she would be happy.

Charlie was a mechanic by trade. His father had set him up with a nice little shop the called "Mr. Wade Repairs." He seemed to always have work, cars to repair, jobs to finish. Cars always break down, and the senior Wade, his father, sent a lot of business from the church his way. There were lots of little old ladies from the church getting special service. Charlie would pick up and deliver ailing vehicles, leaving his little red truck at the customers home. By all appearances, Charlie seemed to have a comfortable financial situation.






© Copyright 2019 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197343-Charlie-Wade