*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197677-In-Perspective
by itsysa
Rated: E · Prose · Romance/Love · #2197677
what then is unconditional love?
"What is love?" I have asked this question to every person I know and probably looked through all Google results just so I could get a glimpse of it. Although I found a lot of entries and reasonable arguments that are mostly just reasonable to the people who actually experienced it, it still remains a mystery to me.

And then I saw this woman. She had pearls for eyes and constellations to form a genuine smile.
"Beautiful. Just beautiful," are the words to describe her.
Out of curiosity, I asked her the most controversial query I had in mind, not that it bothers me that much though, but maybe she might know. I hope she does.

She had this for an answer:
"Okay, let's put it this way.
When you were much younger and comparably about the size of a small melon, the little things your eyes set upon were questionable because there was a time when the world didn't seem to exist for you. There was the sight of blinding lights which became all too blinding that you could no longer keep your eyes open, just like in your life right now - you feel alone, get hurt, and wish to give up, but don't. I know you heard nothing but slaps and people murmuring words unknown to your vocabulary. You looked fragile but not an inch to breaking. Above all, you were angelic." She wiped the stream trailing down her cheeks, and I could not help but do the same thing because undeniably I felt every word she said.

"What does that have to do with love?" I am still asking this because I want to hear it straight from her because she seems like she knows how and what it feels like.

"Love began the moment I found out that I'm going to be a mother, your mother. You see, my dear, love? There are a lot of ways on how to say and actually prove it and most of the time, it's better done more than said because beautiful things aren't to be seen but felt."


"But why are some people afraid to love if we perceive it as beautiful?"


"Because of pain. Love comes hand-in-hand with pain. After you have experienced pain after loving so much and still choose to love because you know you have it within you, then that's love. There's nothing more beautiful than loving beyond reason, now more than ever."
© Copyright 2019 itsysa (ysaaaa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197677-In-Perspective