*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2200267-Tales-from-the-Lands-of-Zeitulk-Prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2200267
I'm trying to write a novel-length story. This is the first draft of the prologue.
Kilvak looked out at the frost-covered field below him. He couldn’t believe this. What was Fierizel doing? Esiel, Ziek, Silivaen, and the others were working overtime to cover her mistakes. The goddess got three-fourths of the year off, and she won’t even do her job when winter finally comes. Even with the others working overtime, it still looked like late fall near the end of December.

The god’s thoughts were interrupted when there was a knock on the door.

“My lord, Lady Silivaen would like to speak with you. She says it is urgent.”

“Let her in.” His mind started racing. What could’ve possibly happened now? Did something go wrong?

A woman enters the room, closing the door behind her.

“Kilvak.”

The god turns to address her. “What is it, Silivaen?”

“Fierizel is still not responding to any of our messengers. She also killed one of them.”

Kilvak looks at her with confusion. “So, would you say this is a matter of pure laziness, or does she have some other motive?”

The goddess sighs. “We do not currently know. It seems like she is holding a grudge, or maybe throwing a child-like tantrum. She has not left her castle in days. We suspect that she may only leave if we use physical force.”

Kilvak ponders for a moment. “I’ve always hated these petty arguments and grudges. They can turn into wars so quickly.” His expression turns somber for a moment. “Back to the point, tell the others we need to schedule a meeting, preferably soon. The sooner this is resolved, the better.”

She nods, then leaves. Kilvak, alone with his thoughts again, starts overthinking. He had a bad feeling about this. It was just something in his gut. It seemed like the impulsive winter goddess would just turn this into something bigger than it needs to be.

Little did he know, he was right.



(Note: I intend to extend this. It is unfinished. I simply wanted an outside perspective on what is already written. I will most likely delete this later and replace it with the full draft of the prologue.)
© Copyright 2019 Raven E. Ruoxia (raveninthevoid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2200267-Tales-from-the-Lands-of-Zeitulk-Prologue