*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2203994-The-Implications-of-Dental-Implants
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #2203994
Do you have missing teeth? Are you considering dental implants? Here is the 411:
The Implications of Implants...

         Do you have missing teeth? Have you been considering dental implants? The vast majority of people over 35 years of age have missing teeth, so it is important to consider your options if you are one of them. If your gums and jaw are healthy, then you are a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry, which includes dental implants. Dental implants are substitute teeth that are surgically implanted into the jaw, and they can last over 20 years with good oral hygiene.

Whether you have one or two teeth missing, or several, dental implants can be a good alternative to a bridge or dentures. Dental implants have the advantage that they look more natural than dentures, and they have a screw attached, most often made of titanium, that screws directly into the jaw bone. The procedure for placing dental implants is fairly simple. First, your dentist will place the implant into your jawbone under general anesthesia, and that is left there for three to six months to fuse with the jaw bone. After this, a post is placed on the implant as a base to secure your new tooth. Sometimes, these two steps are combined and done at the same time. Last, your dentist will connect a crown tailored specifically for you, and your dental implant is complete!
The advantages of dental implants over dentures include there being no need to remove or repair them, improved ease of talking and chewing, and a more natural appearance. However, it is important to remember that good oral hygiene is still essential to keep your entire mouth and your implants healthy, and be sure to make regular appointments at your dental office for regular dental care. Implants are not recommended for people who are pregnant, immunocompromised, children, and people who grind or clench their teeth.

© Copyright 2019 Jkenley1 (jkenley1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2203994-The-Implications-of-Dental-Implants