*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2208092-The-Adventures-of-a-Fangirl-Vol-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #2208092
Chapter 2 of TAF--In A Galaxy Far Far Away.
Chapter II




As we flew through the planet's atmosphere, I sat in awe of the planet below us, and of all the stars shone so brightly from outside the cockpit.

"I take it you've never been off your home planet?" Teela asked me teasingly. I shook my head. "It's beautiful. I never knew..." I said, and Teela smiled.



Soon, Teela engaged the hyperdrive, and closed the cockpit shutters. After placing the ship on autopilot, she got up from her chair and stretched. "How about a game of space chess?" She asked, and I hesitated.

"I've never played it. You'll have to teach me." I said, and she laughed.

"You surprise me with something new every minute! One would think you come from a different universe!" Teela giggled.

If only you knew... I thought.

Teela brought me to the commons area, and turned on the chess board. Holograms of different creatures popped up on the board. She motioned for me to sit down, and began explaining how the game worked.



After a couple hours of playing space chess, and of Teela beating me, I finally won a game.

"YES!" I cheered, standing up and striking a victory pose. "I won, finally!"

Teela laughed. "Sort of. I let you win this time." She said, and I frowned at her. "Thanks for spoiling my victory."

Teela just brushed my remark away, and stood up. "We should be approaching Scarif soon." She said, heading towards the cockpit. I leaned back into my seat and closed my eyes.

An image of Kylo drifted into my mind. His cherry-red lightsaber shining in the darkness of my consciousness, his shaggy black hair plastered to his face with perspiration, and his broad chest heaving with exertion.

Wow... How in the world is he so cool? Is it genetic? If only I could just talk to him. Just once.



I must have drifted off, because the next thing I knew, Teela was shaking me awake. "Estelle, we're here, wake up." She murmured, and I groggily opened my eyes.

"Huh? What?" I muttered, still half asleep. Then I shook my head, and stood up. "Oh, yeah. Thanks." I said, and headed towards the cockpit.

Teela had opened the shades on the cockpit, and I could see the tropical paradise planet of Scarif approaching.

"It's so beautiful." I murmured, and Teela laughed. "It used to be, but now it's scarred by the Empire."

As we got closer, we could see Empire ships crowding the atmosphere around the planet.

"I can't get through. They'll shoot us down." Teela said, a frown creasing her forehead.

"Do you have any escape pods?" I asked, and Teela nodded. "A really small one. Why?"

"Where is it? You can send me out that way, and I'll pretend I'm a lone survivor of... I'll think of something." I said, and Teela nodded thoughtfully.

"That just might work. Okay. I'll take you there." She said, and hopped up from her seat, heading into the depths of the ship. I followed her, trotting to keep up with her long stride.



"Here it is!" Teela said, and pressed a button to open the pod. I slipped in, and she was right, it was really cramped.

I looked at Teela. "Thank you so much for all your help. I owe you one Teela."

She just smiled. "It was my pleasure. May the Force be with you Estelle."

"May the Force be with you Teela." I answered, and gave her a wave as she closed the pod door. Then with a jolt, I was ejected from the ship and shot through space.

"Well, I guess I'll be seeing Kylo soon..." I muttered to myself, feeling a flutter in the pit of my stomach at the thought.

I looked out of the tiny window, and my stomach flipped. I was just floating through darkness. I felt slightly queasy, so I looked away and closed my eyes. It would not do to be sick now.
© Copyright 2019 Centaur_Queen (centaur-queen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2208092-The-Adventures-of-a-Fangirl-Vol-1