*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209980-Choices--Choices--Choices
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Religious · #2209980
Thinking about the Bible, the choices we are given, and the ones that we ultimately make.
New King James Version, Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

Choices! Choices! Choices!

What choices are you making today?

I know many of us are making choices about our retirement (we hear about that almost every day on television or something).

We are making choices about what job we should apply for or accept.

Then for some of us, we are making choices about where to go and how to get there.

And, yes, we are making choice about a thousand more things every single minute of the day, but are we giving thought to or making choices about where we will spend eternity? Or do we even believe in eternity or an afterlife?

Me, I have and I do. I recently watched a program that did a review of how long the Bible has been in existence, and I once again was amazed at how long the Bible has been around.

I also thought about how people often say that the Bible is just a history of the Jews, and yet between its covers is so much wisdom that speaks to how we should live, love one another, and truly be good and decent people. If for no other reason that to learn these valuable lessons, I recommend the read.

Then there are others who will quickly tell you how the Bible contradicts itself, and still others who use it to pick and choose how they want to use it or interpret it for their own goals and benefits.

Some twenty years ago, I had a business owner in Mount Rainier come to talk to me about his wife and her zealot like belief in one television evangelist to whom she was sending all of their money. She eventually bankrupted him and their business, and they got a divorce. But her devotedness to the tele-evangelist did not stop, neither did his belief in the Bible. Today, he still believes in God and prays for his former wife.

All of these are choices in the lives of people and how they express their faith, how they live their lives, and what they believe in. Yes, I have friends who fit in many of the different categories including a few atheists. Those are their choices, and I respect them just as believing is my choice and they accept it. I am not their judge not jury just as they are not mine.

Each of us, in the end, will live our lives as we believe. Each of us only has today because tomorrow never comes, and in the end, we will individually cash in the ticket that we were given at birth for which we have no choice.

New King James Version Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

What choice will you make?

Peace and blessings to you always.
© Copyright 2020 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209980-Choices--Choices--Choices