*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210511-Where-to-Meet-God
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Spiritual · #2210511
Sometimes we meet Him and just don't recognize Him.
Many of us are waiting to meet God, and that is a good thing.

For some reason, I keep meeting Him every day right here on earth in somebody, in the atmosphere, and the environment.

I constantly marvel at His handiwork, and how He chooses to reveal Himself.

Yesterday, I met Him in a doctor's office where a woman took the time to tell me about her pain and suffering from stage 4 cancer and we prayed together. She was in so much pain, I just wanted to take it away or share it with her in some way to help her get through it.

I also met Him in the honesty of a little child who asked to touch my brown skin because it fascinated her. Her eyes sparkled as she touched me and asked if it would wash off. Her mother was horrified because she felt embarrassed that she had not accepted the fact that we have different skin tones, but we are the same.

Then last night in a room full of people, He once again appeared through several comments from people who wanted to know more about my faith. How do you help people to acknowledge the truth without hatred or animosity? Truth is pure and simple, yet we make it so convoluted that we all walk away feeling bad and ashamed. When you know the truth, you should speak the truth because it is the truth and we can all benefit from it.

We often bump into God, but because we are looking for someone, a person, or another being, we like the people of old miss Him. Recognize God first within you and then you just might see Him in others. When I am trying to carry myself, it is nearly impossible to see or hear God in anyone else, but when I open up to my vulnerability, I can see God everywhere, and in most people.

He is with us. He walks and talks with us daily, but because we have come up with an image of what He should look like we miss Him.

Today as you walk, talk, and meet others, open your spiritual eyes so that you can see God. He is right there with you all of the time. He is not a mystic, and He is not invisible.

The next time you meet Him, don't be a stranger. Stretch out your hand and invite Him in. You will be amazed at the completeness you feel when you acknowledge Him, if only for a fleeting moment.

God is real, and if you will allow Him, He will walk with you daily and will manifest Himself in your life, along your journey, and in those around you.

Peace and blessings to you always.
© Copyright 2020 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210511-Where-to-Meet-God