*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2213722-Holding-on-to-Gods-Vision
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #2213722
Holding on to God's Vision is the best for our Lifes.
Holding On To God’s Vision

Business and self-help books use the word “vision” to describe a plan that people develop for themselves to become successful. And once they have a vision or plan they chase after it.

The Bible uses “vision” to describe how God sometimes shares His plan for the future with someone. God gave Joseph a vision in Genesis 37. Think about how Joseph came to understand his vision and what it cost him as you read that chapter. Also, think about these questions as you read:

Why do you think Joseph chose to share his dream with his family? What were the consequences of his choice? (Genesis 37:5–11)
Why did his brothers want to kill him? Why did they choose not to? (Genesis 37:18–27)
Imagine yourself in Joseph’s place. How would you have felt if your family sold you as a slave? How would you have felt about God?
Many generations after Joseph’s death, the writer of Psalm 105 remembered Joseph. As the story goes, Joseph did not simply have to wait until the hard times were over for his vision to come true. The hard times were how God made the vision become true! Trust in the plan God has for your life—even when you’re not sure how it will happen. And be sure to read the rest of Joseph’s story (Genesis 37–50).

Make It Personal

Have you ever felt that God was telling you to do something? Did you tell anyone about it?
How did you act on what you thought God was asking you to do?
How can you know if you are following your own desires or God’s vision for you?

Then he called down a famine on the country, he broke every last blade of wheat. But he sent a man on ahead: Joseph, sold as a slave. They put cruel chains on his ankles, an iron collar around his neck, Until God’s word came to the Pharaoh, and God confirmed his promise. God sent the king to release him. The Pharaoh set Joseph free; He appointed him master of his palace, put him in charge of all his business To personally instruct his princes and train his advisors in wisdom.
Psalm 105:16‭-‬22 MSG
h
© Copyright 2020 Darius Olajide (olajide99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2213722-Holding-on-to-Gods-Vision