*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2218554-Fading
Rated: E · Other · Psychology · #2218554
Just a short piece, interpret it however you wish
The grass was damp and her clothes stained by the dewdrops that had attached themselves to the fabric as she lay on the ground. Looking up at the nearly empty sky, a heavy sigh unknowingly left her lips. There was no one around to hear it. In fact, not even she herself took notice of it. As if she were floating around in outer space, there was not a single sound around her. How long she had been here for, she did not know. Nor did she care. Her mind had gone blank a long time ago, apart from the occasional ponder of why she was here, what here even is, or how she could leave. If she could leave. Those thoughts, however, became less and less frequent and would soon cease to exist. Tearing her eyes away from the ever darkening skies, she scanned her surroundings. They remained unchanged - all that was there to see was a vast land of trees. For a moment, she marveled at the beauty of them. A brilliant purple encased the trees' silhouettes as a faint yellow light shone upon them. It caused them to glow beautifully, like something straight out of heaven. Never had she seen anything like it. Reverting her eyes back to the sky, she took notice of the light's source. The faint yellow seemed to have broken through the usual dull blue firmament. Unfortunately, the event was rather short-lived. In the blink of an eye, the light had disappeared without a trace - as if it had never been there in the first place. Her sight fell back onto the trees, whose colours gradually faded to a somber grey. An aching pain coursed through her body as she made her way over to the edge of the forest. As she drew closer, she noticed it wasn't merely the colour that was growing fainter. The trees themselves, too, were slowly fading away, leaving nothing behind - not even dust. She reached out to the tree, wishing to experience the sensation of touch once more before there was nothing left to touch. However, when she looked upon her hand, she noticed that her own body was becoming translucent, the pain she had previously felt disappearing alongside the rest of her. Tilting her head back, she let her sight fall upon the evanescent leaves, only to realise they were something different entirely.

They were...

....
...
..
.

© Copyright 2020 Raindrop (novae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2218554-Fading