*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220954-love
Rated: E · Essay · Relationship · #2220954
love; in my perception.
"I love you."

This phrase is used so often, so often misused.

What is love?

People claim they love someone within days of getting to know them. Ask yourself this: are you in love with them or the idea of them? Love should be adoration and admiration for every part of a person, appreciation of every one of their aspects; appearance, intelligence and interests.

If you love someone, you'd be willing to do anything for them, however big or small. You'd be inclined to give up anything and everything just to be with them. You'd go out of your way to make them happy or to see a smile on their face. You know you love someone when you can't get them off your mind for a long, long time. You imagine their broad grin, the way their eyes shine when they look at you, right into your soul. You think of their loud but gentle laugh, the way they hold your hand, entwining their fingers with yours.

That person should be your priority, when no one else interests you but them. You don't see these qualities in anyone else and believe that there is no one quite like this person.

Love is not giving up even after this person rejected or did you wrong. It's about putting in effort and trying. After all, actions speak louder than words.

Some people claim they are in love with someone they've never even spoken to. People like this are purely stubborn. Fondness for someone generates when you know the person inside and out, and your mind crosses out their flaws. You imagine them as perfect, and truly believe that you want to spend the rest of your life with him or her.

There is so much fake love in our world today, so I am asking everyone to be careful with how you treat others. When you hurt someone, a cycle is created. One person gets heartbroken, then goes on upsetting another, that person breaks someone else's heart and so on...

My heart goes out to all the people who have been in relationships which didn't work out, are unhappy with their current partner or are crying over someone they haven't even dated. Of course, it hurts but it'll get better one day, and you will find someone who adores every part of you. I promise.

Next time you think "Damn, I love him/her," think twice.

𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮?



© Copyright 2020 serendipity (mythicnebula at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220954-love