*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221366-Ghost-Story-The-doll-that-didnt-belong
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #2221366
A True Story-An unknown doll that didn't belong in the house but how did it get there?
When I was living at home in the original house I lived, we had a German Shepherd named Rusty. One night everyone went out and Rusty and I were alone in the house. This was an older house built in the late 1800's to early 1900's. Not exactly sure when but between that time.

I was in my room listening to some music and doing some schoolwork [I was 12]. Suddenly Rusty jumped up and started growling and barking at the door [which was closed]. I thought maybe my parents and siblings had come home. When I opened the bedroom door no one was around and it was dark inside the house. The light from my room was shining into the kitchen enough to give it an eerie glow.

Rusty ran out and was looking towards the parlor and living room. It was pitch black. He kept snarling, growling and barking baring those nasty canine teeth he had. I was holding onto to him by the collar at the time. I asked him, what do you see boy? He started tugging at where I was holding him for myself to let him go. I thought maybe we had an intruder in the house but could hear nothing.

Rusty evidently heard something or saw something. Immediately he took off for the darkness of the parlor and living room. It sounded like he was in a fight. I rushed to the area and turned on all the lights. There was a doll he was tearing apart and I thought it may have belonged to my sister. When I checked her room, all her dolls were there. So, where did it come from and how did it get into the house? Something I've never figured out but guessed it was something not someone brought it in. Needless to say I had a chill go down my spine and the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up.

This doll did not belong in the house and I wondered to myself where it came from and how it came to be in the parlor. Rusty evidently saw something and I have no explanation on what he might have seen but he wouldn't let go of the doll until he completely destroyed it. He hovered over it growling and snarling at it. Every now and then tearing at it. He was so worked up I couldn't even get near the doll and it seemed as if he was keeping myself from touching it until he was done doing what he started. This lasted for about an hour.

Once he felt everything was ok he came to me and whimpered a bit but looked back and growled.

Herein lies the question: What was it he saw or sensed to make him go hog wild? The only answer I can come up with is that the doll didn't belong in the house and he knew something wasn't right. Was it intuition that he had that I didn't? It didn't belong to my sister.

Was it a spirit, a ghost or something evil that brought it in or did it just appear in the house, which would mean some sort of outside spirit [evil or benign] had brought it in? I still think about this to this day and can only speculate that Rusty did see or hear something that made him go into a vicious attack mode.

I have never figured this out or maybe I was never suppose to. Some things in this world will never be understood nor explained.

Words=596

© Copyright 2020 TheBusmanPoet (bus45man80 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221366-Ghost-Story-The-doll-that-didnt-belong