*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2222839-Precious
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #2222839
Flash Fiction 5/27/20. W/C 299

Precious


“I think I got away with it.” Jack laid down and took a break.

Mitzi sat beside him. She was amazed he made it. “How’d you do it?”

“I wore my disguise. I just waltzed right in like I owned the place.” He rolled over, looked Mitzi in the eyes. “It’s all in the attitude, girl. All in the attitude. Act like you belong, and they never notice.”

“There has to be more to it than that. Show me the disguise.”

Jack donned his disguise. “With this on, they didn’t recognize me. Pretty good, eh?”

Mitzi howled with laughter.

“What’s so funny?” Jack looked at his outfit. “Something out of place? What?”

“You’re telling me that just by changing your collar from blue to pink was enough to make Mrs. Jones think you’re her pet? Get real, Jack.”

Jack changed back to his original collar. “I don’t care what you think. It worked. She gave me a treat and called me ‘Precious’. Then she told Mr. Jones to make me a vet appointment. So extra points for that. I win. Pay up, Mitzi.”

Jack and Mitzi stood nose to nose, tails straight up in the air. Finally Mitzi backed down.

“Okay fine. You win. I don’t know how you did it. They must be blind, or feel sorry for you. I owe you one bone and all my treats for the next week.” She laid back down in the grass, head on her paws, defeated.

Jack’s tail wagged and he licked Mitzi. “Sore chubby loser.”

“Fat precious cheater!” Mitzi barked at Jack.

The two dogs chased each other the rest of the afternoon. Paul and Joni came home from work to find two tired pooches sleeping together in the yard.

“Aren’t they precious? They really do love each other.”

W/C 299

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2222839-Precious