*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223775-The-Lion-King-4-Dawn-of-A-New-Era-C7
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2223775
An ongoing story about Kovu and Kiara's reign

Petition to give Forgotten Disney More Love:
https://www.change.org/p/give-forgotten-disney-more-love

Chapter 7

I kinda miss moments like those .. Vitani mentally sighed.

"Your brother sounds so silly!" Aiube giggled.

"He was …" Vitani frowned.

"Oh, I … I'm sorry …" Aiube said.

"No, it's okay." Vitani said. "I'm still healing from his death, but I'm starting to get better."

She looked at the horizon and saw a large baobab tree. "We're getting your leg doing okay?"

"Yeah, it still hurts though." She winced.

"Just hang on, we're almost there." Vitani said gently.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Rafiki sat in his tree, all his bugs surrounding him. He held half of a gourd, touching up some of his paintings on his tree.

"Oh Simba!" Rafiki said, adding more color to Kion's portrait. "The Circle of Life will continue with your son Kion! Aren't you proud?"

Simba pushed a small breeze towards Rafiki, showing his support. Rafiki chuckled and touched up the portrait next to Kion's. "Queen Rani and King Kion will make great parents."

Simba shot another spurt of wind in agreement.

Rafiki started drawing the outline of another lion under the two portraits. "Things are looking up .."

"Rafiki!"

"Vitani?" He looked down to see the lioness with a hyena on her back, and froze.

Vitani gently set Aiube on the ground. "I found her near the west border. Her back left leg got bit up pretty badly by a crocodile. Can you help her?"

"Hmmm .." Rafiki thought. "Give me a second to get what I need."

The mandrill scurried into the branches and grabbed his supplies, before hurrying down to them. He went over and examined Aiube's leg, carefully.

She winced, folding her ears back.

"Hmm, I see." Rafiki said. "I think it will be fine, but you'll need to rest."

He took half of a gourd filled with a green liquid and smeared in on Aiube's leg.

She whimpered and whined, jerking her leg back.

"I know it hurts." Rafiki frowned. "But it will prevent infection."

"Okay …. Thank … you …" Aiube said, still clenching her jaw.

Rafiki finished up by wrapping her leg in a leaf tourniquet, and smothering a wax like substance to keep it secure. "There. Keep the tourniquet on until the pain stops, okay?"

"Thank you again." Aiube said, smiling slightly.

Rafiki looked at Vitani. "May I speak to you in private?"

"Oh yeah, sure." Vitani said, sounding slightly confused.

They walked behind the baobab tree, out of Aiube's ear shot.

"Where … did you find this hyena?" Rafiki asked.

"Tazama spotted her on the west border." Vitani explained.

Rafiki sighed. "You better get her somewhere safe."

"I'm taking her to Pride Rock." Vitani said.

"I … don't think that's a good idea." Rafiki said, sounding worried.

"Why not?" Vitani asked.

"The Pride Lands … has a history with hyenas." Rafiki said.

"You mean because of Scar?" Vitani clarified.

"Yes. They ravaged the land and left nothing." Rafiki sighed.

Vitani blinked. "But, she wasn't one of Scar's hyenas."

"Yes, but the Pride may be hostile towards her." Rafiki said.

Vitani narrowed her eyes. "Why would they?"

"Scar's hyenas, they …"

"Listen." Vitani sighed. "I get what you're trying to say, but it's wrong …. This Pride accepted my pride into theirs. We're past all this hate!"

"Hmm …" Rafiki looked up to the sky, unsure. An unsteady wind brushed passed by them.

"We are one." Vitani said, firmly.

The breeze picked up slightly, causing Vitani to shiver. Once she could take the feeling of cold away, she looked at Rafiki straight in the eyes. "I'm going to take her to Pride Rock where she can rest."

Rafiki's frown deepened. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"I'm sure." Vitani said. "Kiara and Kovu will understand more than anyone."

"If you say so …" Rafiki sighed.

They headed back to the other side of the tree, where Aiube laid.

"Are you feeling better?" Vitani asked.

"A little bit." She said, trying to stand up again.

Vitani rushed over, and out her head under her chin in support. "Whoa, slow down. I don't think you're going to be walking on that leg for a while."

She shifted, allowing Aiube to lay on her back again. "I have somewhere you can rest that you'll be safe."

Aiube hugged Vitani's neck. "Thank you again. You're so kind."

Vitani chuckled. "I dunno if kind is the right word, but I do try."

As Vitani walked off with Aiube, Rafiki climbed his tree again. He sighed as he looked to the sky. "Oh, Simba … I have a bad feeling about this …"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

© Copyright 2020 FLUDDCappy (fluddcappy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223775-The-Lion-King-4-Dawn-of-A-New-Era-C7