*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243189-Dear-Me-2021
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #2243189
My entry into the "Dear Me" contest
Dear Me,

I have a few things I would like to get accomplished this year. There are things I aim to do with my writing, my photography, my performing, and my swing dancing.

My most immediate goal is to pull off my first virtual keyboard recital. I have been teaching myself to read piano music and in a couple of days will be doing my first official performance while reading music. I ran through the whole show four times today and one run-through was rough but the ones after it were smoother. I hope I can get through it without seriously screwing up. It's intimidating but if I can just focus and not freak out I will be able to pull it off.

Secondly, I would like to read and review at least another 30 items here on W.com by the end of June so I can get to 50. By the end of the year I would like to get to 100 so I can earn my first reviewing recognition. I also plan to eventually release a book of short stories. I would like to have the manuscript done and ready to send out by the end of the year. Reviewing helps not just the recipient but also makes me a better writer. The more reviews I send, the more I will receive.

As far as my photographic goals, I would like to get a photo and/or piece of artwork into the county fair, if we have one. I am planning to visit a fox rescue facility with one of my closest friends sometime in February and hopefully that will provide me with at least one photo that will get accepted. I anticipate traveling to Victoria, Canada for my birthday trip in September and my goal is to go whale watching and shoot a killer shot of a wild orca breaching that will get in. I also plan to do a painting that I can submit. If I don't get in this year it won't be the end of the world, I just will keep trying until it happens. If I keep improving I will eventually get in.

Performing wise, I would like to convince the president of the puppet theater to schedule my show there again once the theater reopens. I got a kick out of doing it last year and I can use the money to pay for my next trip. (I try to travel once a year around September to celebrate my birthday.) The principal of the school at church is also interested in having me do shows for her kids, and I am hoping to get another gig at my old elementary school once it reopens.

Last year the pandemic hit right as I was supposed to take my first intermediate swing dance class as a lead. I have been learning both the lead and follow parts so I can dance with anyone. When swing dancing resumes I will probably need a refresher class or two but after that I would like to take my first leading intermediate class and maybe join the next routine class. The routine class practices a routine for about a month and then performs at one of the weekly swing dances. It's not always available but I did the last one for Halloween 2019 and had a blast with it. I can't wait to take another routine class.

I know this is a lot but I have an entire year. It's ok if I can't do all of this, I just want to try and do as much of it as I can. As Les Brown said, "Reach for the moon. If you fall short, you may land on a star."

Sincerely,
Me

(word count:623)
© Copyright 2021 The Puppet Master (puppetmaster84 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243189-Dear-Me-2021