*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243647-Love-at-First-Death
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2243647
This is the first thing I have ever written. I have no idea what I am doing.
Prologue

Each story typically starts with a cliche. Something short and sweet, designed to instantly grab the reader’s attention. In writing this, I realise that I myself am writing this very cliche introduction to my story. Unfortunately, that’s the thing about the self fulfilling prophecies of writers, and in order for me to be a writer I must meet at least some of the pre-defined stereotypes. But the point is, that I’m not a writer - or at least I’m not trying to be. Some stories are just made to be told. Even if they aren’t stories, but are in fact the truth - non-fiction based on actual events that have actually happened. Actually happened to me.

This is the story of how I cheated death.

Present

As I sit here writing this, I realise it is probably helpful if I introduce myself. Don’t worry, by doing this I’m not putting my life in danger. I don’t believe in “Death” as a being and, once you know my story, you might think it’s bizarre that I don’t believe in any of that Final Destination stuff either. Although, I think I might be the only one on this planet who doesn’t.

My name is Andie. I’m 17 years old. I live on planet Earth, in the small, unknown town of New York City. I have long dirty blonde hair which is so thick I use it as a personal sweat band in summer. My eyes are dirty too, a dirty dark green. I think this adds nicely to my overall dishevelled look - think opposite of a Disney Princess. My features are sharp and pokey, but overall I don’t think I’m bad looking. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no Victoria’s Secret model, but I’d say I’m a solid 6.5. There’s lots I could write about myself, but I’m not writing my dating profile, and I’m sure you’ll figure it out for yourself along the way. Those are the basics, and now you’ve conjured up some kind of mental picture of me in your head. I’m optimistic that it’s a good one. I’m realistic that might change over time.

You should know that the present day in which I’m writing this is 2020. Books being fixed, constant and everlasting, you could be reading this at a point in the future that I have only dared dream of. Wherever you are reading this, I only hope that the world is a better place. I hope they have found the answer to what I have been searching for.





© Copyright 2021 notsnok (notsnok at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2243647-Love-at-First-Death