Fighting, Floating, Sinking and Struggling...
|Floating in the sea of thoughts,
Seeing no shore for miles.
Fighting to stay afloat,
until anxiety catches my throat.
Sinking slowly into the abyss,
Letting go of the fight.
Struggling to breathe as I hit rock bottom,
Salt from my eyes melt into the sea of fears.
Part of me wanting to fight back
Part of me wanting to give up.
From the dark ocean floor
my final breath floats up in black bubbles.
Just being real, as this is what depression and anxiety feels like but on a positive note...
I believe, acknowledging your state is the first step towards healing and recovery. So if you are faced with a sudden realisation of your current state, you are already on your way to healing (well done!)
- State your state, it’s okay to ask for help (from the right people).
- Life is a rollercoaster, be grateful for the wonderful ups (treasured moments) and thankful for the painful lows (life lessons).
- Take one day at a time with Jesus, His love never fails, His words are always true.
- Keep clinging onto Him and digging deep into His promises.
- Loving your neighbour or anyone else as yourself is hard because loving yourself is not easy, but remember God extends His love, His mercy, His grace and His peace to you, and He wants you to extend the same (but not out of your own self but from Him) to yourselves and the overflow to those around you.
- Freedom and Joy are waiting around the corner, and you can get there...
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:6 (NIV)
I alone am the Lord, the only one who can save you. But the Lord says, "Do not cling to events of the past or dwell on what happened long ago. Watch for the new thing I am going to do. It is happening already - you can see it now! I will make a road through the wilderness and give you streams of water there”. Isaiah 43:11,18-19