*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252963-Mermaids-are-real
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Children's · #2252963
Here's proof!
Merit Badge in Mermaids & Coffee Forever
[Click For More Info]

   A gift for you, my friend! *^*Heartv*^*


Piece inspired by Lilith of House Martell 's love of mermaids.

Long ago, when children still came to the library to read real books, I was librarian in a school.

Some students of Std. IV (Grade 4 - age around 9 years) were looking at the books on 'Sea Life' that I had heaped on the table. They were sorting the books into 'fact' and 'fiction'.

A little boy paused when he came to a book on Mermaids. He frowned, considering the title and the cover. He then flipped it open.

After a few minutes with the book, he asked, "Where does this go, fact or fiction?"

His classmates stopped what they were doing and considered the book. The rule was that they were to sort the books themselves, no help from me. They glanced at me, hoping that I'd deviate from the rule just this once, but I merely shrugged.

A big debate began. Other books were referred to.

Finally Dione had the last word.
"I once read a story where a mermaid got pregnant.
She couldn't have got pregnant if she weren't real."

Nobody had any answer to that.
© Copyright 2021 THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! (mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2252963-Mermaids-are-real