*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258350-Parts
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2258350
Flash Fiction
Parts

“OK, Part A goes in Slot 1, that makes sense, right?” Ted said.

“I’ve never seen any instructions set up like this, but... I suppose...” Frank answered.

They put Part A into Slot 1. “What’s step two?”

“Ah, Part B goes into Slot 2!” Frank put Part B into Slot 2. “That was easy!”

“Wow, we’ll have this put together in no time!” Ted said, excited! “What’s step three?”

“Turn the Fultinator half way to the red button on the Zee Belt and attach it to Slot 1 sideways.”

“What?”

“Turn the Fultinator half way to the red button on the Zee Belt and attach it to Slot 1 sideways.”

“What’s a Fultinator?”

“I don’t know. What’s a Zee Belt?”

“I don’t know. Are there any pictures?”

“No, and the parts only have numbers or letters on them. None of them say Fultinator or Zee Belt.”

“Let me see the instructions!”

“See for yourself! There’s nothing there! I’m not blind you know!”

“I didn’t say you were! I just want to be sure you didn’t miss a page, like it was stuck together or something.”

“You think I’m an idiot don’t you! I knew it!” Well you can just stick that Fultinator right up where the sun don’t shine! If you can figure out which part it is of course!” off Frank stomped.

Later Ted’s father found Ted sitting in a pile of parts on the back porch. “What’s this?” he asked, picking up the instructions, then added, “and why do you have the instructions for my new Fultinator here? I’ve been looking for these all morning.”

“It was in the box with my new bike lights.”

“Did you let Ginny open it?” Dad asked.

“Yes, you too with the Fultinator thing?”

“Yes.”

“It’s not cute anymore Dad...”

“Got it.”
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258350-Parts