*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258561-A-Mask-to-Wear
Rated: E · Fiction · Educational · #2258561
Billy must understand why he has to wear a mask at school.
“Billy, sit down. I need to talk to you about something very important.”

“Okay, Momma, What is it?”

“We have been getting ready for you to go to school. We have bought all your supplies and gotten them ready to go. I want you to have this special facemask I made you with your name on it to wear at school.”

“But Momma, what if the other kids make fun of me?”

“Well, I hope their mommas have given them their own special mask to wear too because there is a dangerous virus that is making people sick all over the world. This facemask will hopefully protect you from getting sick with that virus. I love you and don't want you to get sick.”

“But I hate to wear facemasks. They are not comfortable and they pull on my ears. It is hard to breathe in them. I don't like things covering my face.”

“I know you don't like to wear them, but it is very important you wear it every day as much as you can. Only take it off to eat and drink, then put it right back on. Because if you get that virus, it can really make you not able to breathe and very sick. You could get so sick that it could make you die. Plus, you can bring it home and make the whole family sick. Grandma probably wouldn't survive if she got sick with it. So we have to try not to get sick to keep ourselves well and other people from getting sick from us too.”

“What if someone at school gets sick?”

“Billy, that is why you have to wear the mask. Someone may not know they are sick, but they can go to school and get everyone else sick. So you keep that mask on to keep from getting sick. Will you do that?”

“Momma, I don't want to make grandma sick or you so I will try to remember to wear my mask. I don't want to get sick either.”

Notes
© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258561-A-Mask-to-Wear