*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272595-I-Forgot-the-Password
by Paul
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #2272595
Dave and Steve have a problem with remembering.
I Forgot The Password



I almost didn’t hear the whispered, “Open the door.” Another louder one, “Open the darn door!”

My response was, “Who is it?”

“It’s, Dave, who else would it be? Open the door.”

“What’s the password?”

“Password? What the hell, Steve, just open the door.”

“You need the password. We agreed, ‘No entry without a password,’ remember?”

“What are you talking about? It’s cold and starting to rain, Steve, just open the damn door!”

“Not without a password. It’s in the club rules, remember?”

“Club rules? Are you crazy? Just let me in or you’ll regret it.”

“What are you gonna’ do, kick it down? We built that door strong to keep unwanteds out, remember? What’s the password?”

“I don’t know, I forgot. Just open the door, please?”

“Forgot? It was only last night that we agreed to the rules and set the first password. You forgot it over night?”

“Yeah, but my little brother was sick and cried all night. I didn’t get any sleep. Just open the door.”

“Password?”

“Steve, I’m getting wet and if you don’t open it I’ll take it down then pound you into the ground like a nail! That’s it, I’ll stop you from using the bathroom and you’ll be wetter than me. OPEN THE DOOR!’

“We built it strong, remember?”

“But the hinge screws are on the outside and I have a screwdriver.”

“Ohh, yeah, I remember.”

“Just tell me the password, Steve.”

“…”

“Steve? Tell me.”

“…”

“Steve? Tell me the password or I’m going to start removing screws then pound you into the ground.”

“… I can’t.”

“Why?”

“… it’s open.”

“Finally. What’s up with you not just telling me?”

“I forgot it too.”




© Copyright 2022 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272595-I-Forgot-the-Password