*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274967-the-interpretation-of-dreams
Rated: E · Article · Psychology · #2274967
all about dreams what I think dreams are and how they are interpreted.
Title: The Interpretation of Dreams- Sigmund Freud

The idea of dream analysis, I suppose is one of Freud's perhaps Freud's major contributions to modern western thought. The idea was there was something- two dreams and I suppose what Freud did was said "hey look isn't it strange". We have engaged in, at night and it speaks in a language that we don't really understand and so what is that and we can say what many modern people do, dreams are of no significance or even that they're random processes, which is absurd proposition obviously because whatever they are, they are not random. So, Freud's idea was that there was something in dreams that was informative. He had a method of extracting out from the dream, what the dream purported to represent and outlined that in great detail in the interpretation of dreams. He concluded that dreams were essentially wished fulfillments he also believed that the primary motivating factor of human beings was sexual. So, the question is it the ultimate source of motivation, and in some sense, the answer is yes. Just as the Interpretation of Dreams, argues that our dreams are nothing more than wishes that we are looking to fulfill in our waking lives. Some of these wishes are relatively pure, and in these cases, our dreams picture the wish just as it is. However, other wishes are so unacceptable to us that our dreams have to filter them. Such unacceptable wishes are typically suppressed by the conscious waking mind but turn up in the dream in an unrecognizable and often strange way. But with the help of methods like free association, Freud argued, the wish behind the dream could be discovered. To refer to it simply, it was through Freud's theory that we understood for the very first time that we dream for a reason; that reason is to deal unconsciously with the problems the conscious mind can't deal with. To analyze dreams, and memories are to try to understand how events from the past, including the distant past in childhood, continue to actively influence our current behavior and feelings without our conscious awareness of their influence. I think dreams are mere reflections of the images which dominate your subconscious. Usually, if something affects someone at that deepest level they'll dream about it, and usually, I dream about ideas that I thought about during the previous day - why? Because once I think about them, they're mapped onto my subconscious. And the subconscious gives rise to thought. You don't just "think" for no reason - there's a gigantic connection of memories and images that rest in the subconscious, which thought derives from, and it's the same with dream thought, only the frontal lobe "filter" isn't activated, so the most prominent memories/images may come gushing out in strange forms. Sometimes they can teach you about what's going on in your subconscious, and sometimes they're just useless projections of images that just so happened to be dominant at the time.
Dreams are direct messages from the subconscious mind, usually guiding us. dreams based on fears or nightmares are normally stress-release mechanisms. The subconscious mind is connected to the universal mind and is therefore connected to all that is. That's why dreams can tell us a lot about our future happenings, and that's where ideas come from whilst we're awake. The most interesting thing about dreams is how they construct things that we don't understand until we woke up - jokes, puns, detective stories, etc. Who or what came up with these, in a way that my dreaming consciousness did not understand? Like sometimes after drinking too much tea late at night, I also dream about desperately looking for a toilet - and when I find one there is always something wrong with it: it is closed, there is a glass wall in front of it, there is a long queue, etc. This is how my subconscious stops me from soiling the bed. Why not just wake me up to go to the bathroom? Too easy? Perhaps this is the "burden" Freud wants people to carry. I love to interpret my dreams. It's often so difficult to take advice but so easy to give it. If we interpret our dreams, it's almost like we're giving ourselves advice in the third person. And surely, it's got to be the best advice because nobody knows us as we do. And, the subconscious mind, leaves me in awe all the time. I think dreams are a way to process thoughts and memories while we are sleeping. When we are sleeping our brains don't have to work as much as while we are awake as a result it uses their free capacity and processes the experiences of the day. As I started to analyze my dreams, I found a lot of similar things and patterns to what I experienced in the past days.
It's so incredible when we have this experience, usually, my dreams center around my insecurities. My dream tells me the source of my anxiety by maximizing the negative consequence and illustrating it in a way that is believable to me. My dream can often also be something I'm preoccupied with or something I desperately want to change but cannot. Sometimes back I had a dream that I was being judged for my weight I gained 7kgs recently then I had a dream that someone asked me a question about my disease that I was hiding. I screamed out of fear and woke up. No idea what to make of this dream. My dreams usually are the representation of what I have to work on in the waking world. Like my fears and insecurities. Things I need to deal with. I lucid dream often with detail and sensation. I once had a lucid dream that lasted so long that I had the thought I would observe the dream realm and I noticed it was the same as the waking world, I wouldn't know the difference unless something didn't make sense. But then the dreams tend to So, occupy the place of uncertainty and concentrate on fleshing out the unknown reality before we get a real grip on it. We can learn so much from pain. Allow ourselves to feel it but be careful not to let it consume or be the excuse for abuse. I did for a long time. There's so much out there, connection, intimacy, sensation, creativity, feeling fit, dancing, etc. that it would be a shame to let what happened to get in the way of the experiences we want to have. In so far as dreaming and sleep go, the quality and clarity of my dreams improved when I got into the habit of honoring where I was (before sleep comes). If I find trouble switching off, journaling waking thoughts a few hours before bed helped me a lot. Thoughts happen to us even when we're awake and believe that we're in control. We might have an idea pop into our head from seemingly nowhere. I think dreams are a sequential flow of thought very similar to a daydream only are usually unaware that we're dreaming. I think dreams can mean something because they're thoughts from our brain, but I don't think they necessarily have to. I don't think dreams have anything to do with what we desire, because sometimes we have nightmares too. we can usually piece together why we were dreaming of what we were. We can understand and pinpoint (usually) precisely what is going on in our lives and what is occupying our minds to cause us to dream that. Other times dreams are incredible adventures that are better than any other experience we've ever had. Just like I sometimes fall in love with beauty in my dreams and wish I could find that place in real life. Other times they are so fucked up and nightmarish that only the deepest most repressed violence a person can imagine brings them to fruition. The goal of the strange dream is to get us to lucid dreams. The dream presents odd situations that wouldn't occur in the waking world to get us to notice and tell ourselves "Hey, that's not supposed to happen, I must be dreaming"



© Copyright 2022 Ishrana (ishranaalvi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274967-the-interpretation-of-dreams