Strengthen Yourself In The Lord
|God’s Will to Heal|
Remember that God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10: 34) and He never
changes (Mal. 3:6). So what He said to them yesterday, He is saying to you today.
God’s word is God speaking to me.
(These statements are taken directly from the Bible with little or no variation. The
verbs and construction have been changed to apply to you personally and to sum
up the thoughts in some instances. Also, many of these statements are prefaced
by phrases like, “If you walk in My commandments”, “If you believe…obey…” etc.)
What did God say?
101 THINGS GOD SAID
1) I am the Lord that healeth thee (Ex. 15:26).
2) Your days shall be one hundred and twenty years (Gen. 6:3).
3) You shall be buried in a good old age (Gen. 15:15).
4) You shall come to your grave in a full age like as a shock of corn cometh in his
season (Job 5:26).
5) When I see the blood, I will pass over you and the plague shall not be upon you to
destroy you (Ex. 12:13).
6) I will take sickness away from the midst of you and the number of your days I will
fulfill (Ex. 23: 25, 26).
7) I will not put any of the diseases you are afraid of on you, but I will take all sickness
away from you (Deut. 7:15).
8) It will be well with you and your days shall be multiplied and prolonged as the days
of heaven upon the earth (Deut. 11:9,21).
9) I turned the curse into a blessing unto you, because I loved you (Deut. 23:5 and
10) I have redeemed you from every sickness and every plague (Deut. 28:61 and Gal.
11) As your days, so shall your strength be (Deut. 33:25).
12) I have found a ransom for you, your flesh shall be fresher than a child’s and you
shall return to the days of your youth (Job 33:24, 25).
13) I have healed you and brought up your soul from the grave; I have kept you alive
from going down into the pit (Ps. 30:1, 2).
14) I will give you strength and bless you with peace (Ps. 29:11).
15) I will preserve you and keep you alive (Ps. 41:2
16) I will strengthen you upon the bed of languishing; I will turn all your bed in your
sickness (Ps. 41:3).
17) I am the health of your countenance and your God (Ps.43: 5).
18) No plague shall come near your dwelling (Ps. 91:10).
19) I will satisfy you with long life (Ps. 91:16).
20) I heal all your diseases (Ps. 103:3).
21) I sent My word and healed you and delivered you from your destructions (Ps.
22) You shall not die, but live, and declare My works (Ps. 118:17).
23) I heal your broken heart and bind up your wounds (Ps. 147:3).
24) The years of your life shall be many (Pr. 4:10).
25) Trusting Me brings health to your navel and marrow to your bones (Pr. 3:8).
26) My words are life to you, and health/medicine to all your flesh (Pr. 4:22).
27) (My) good report makes your bones fat (Pr. 15:30).
28) (My) pleasant words are sweet to your soul and health to your bones (Pr. 16:24).
29) My joy is your strength. A merry heart does good like a medicine (Neh. 8:10; Pr.
30) The eyes of the blind shall be opened. The eyes of them that see shall not be dim
(Isa. 32:3; 35:5).
31) The ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. The ears of them that hear shall hearken
(Isa. 32:3; 35:5).
32) The tongue of the dumb shall sing. The tongue of the stammerers shall be ready
to speak plainly (Isa. 35:6; 32:4).
33) The lame man shall leap as a hart (Isa. 35:6).
34) I will recover you and make you to live. I am ready to save you (Isa. 38:16, 20).
35) I give power to the faint. I increase strength to them that have no might (Isa.
36) I will renew your strength. I will strengthen and help you (Isa. 40:31; 41:10).
37) To your old age and gray hairs I will carry you and I will deliver you (Isa. 46:4).
38) I bore your sickness (Isa. 53:4).
39) I carried your pains (Isa. 53:4).
40) I was put to sickness for you (Isa. 53:10).
41) With My stripes you are healed (Isa. 53:5).
42) I will heal you (Isa. 57:19).
43) Your light shall break forth as the morning and your health shall spring forth
speedily (Isa. 58:8).
44) I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds saith the Lord (Jer.
45) Behold I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure you, and will reveal unto you
the abundance of peace and truth (Jer. 33:6).
46) I will bind up that which was broken and will strengthen that which was sick (Eze.
47) Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you and you shall live. And I shall put My
Spirit in you and you shall live (Eze. 37:5,14).
48) Whithersoever the rivers shall come shall live. They shall be healed and every
thing shall live where the river comes (Eze. 47:9).
49) Seek Me and you shall live (Amos 5:4, 6).
50) I have arisen with healing in My wings (beams) (Mal. 4:2).
51) I will, be thou clean (Mt. 8:3).
52) I took your infirmities (Mt. 8:17).
53) I bore your sicknesses (Mt. 8:17).
54) If you’re sick you need a physician. (I am the Lord your physician) (Mt. 9:12 & Ex.
55) I am moved with compassion toward the sick and I heal them (Mt. 14:14).
56) I heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease (Mt. 4:23).
57) According to your faith, be it unto you (Mt. 9:29).
58) I give you power and authority over all unclean spirits to cast them out, and to heal
all manner of sickness and all manner of disease (Mt. 10:1 & Lk. 9:1).
59) I heal them all (Mt. 12:15 & Heb. 13:8).
60) As many as touch Me are made perfectly whole (Mt. 14:36).
61) Healing is the children’s bread (Mt. 15:26).
62) I do all things well. I make the deaf to hear and the dumb to speak (Mk. 7:37).
63) If you can believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mk. 9:23; 11:23,
64) When hands are laid on you, you shall recover (Mk. 16:18).
65) My anointing heals the brokenhearted, and delivers the captives, recovers sight to
the blind, and sets at liberty those that are bruised (Lk. 4:18; Isa. 10:27; 61:1).
66) I heal all those who have need of healing (Lk. 9:11).
67) I am not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them (Lk. 9:56).
68) Behold, I give you authority over all the enemy’s power and nothing shall by any
means hurt you (Lk. 10:19).
69) Sickness is satanic bondage and you ought to be loosed today (Lk. 13:16 & II Cor.
70) In Me is life (Jn. 1:4).
71) I am the bread of life. I give you life (Jn. 6:33, 35).
72) The words I speak unto you are spirit and life (Jn. 6:63)
73) I am come that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly
74) I am the resurrection and the life (Jn. 11:25).
75) If you ask anything in My name, I will do it (Jn. 14:14).
76) Faith in My name makes you strong and gives you perfect soundness (Acts 3:16).
77) I stretch forth My hand to heal (Acts 4:30).
78) I, Jesus Christ, make you whole (Acts 9:34).
79) I do good and heal all that are oppressed of the devil (Acts 10:38).
80) My power causes diseases to depart from you (Acts 19:12).
81) The law of the Spirit of life in Me has made you free from the law of sin and death
82) The same Spirit that raised Me from the dead now lives in you and that Spirit will
quicken your mortal body (Rom. 8:11).
83) Your body is a member of Me (I Cor. 6:15).
84) Your body is the temple of My Spirit and you’re to glorify Me in your body (I Cor.
85) If you’ll rightly discern My body which was broken for you, and judge yourself, you’ll
not be judged and you’ll not be weak, sickly or die prematurely (I Cor. 11:29-31).
86) I have set gifts of healing in My body (I Cor. 12:9).
87) My life may be made manifest in your mortal flesh (II Cor. 4:10, 11).
88) I have delivered you from death, I do deliver you, and if you trust Me I will yet
deliver you (II Cor. 1:10).
89) I have given you My name and have put all things under your feet (Eph. 1:21, 22).
90) I want it to be well with you and I want you to live long on the earth. (Eph. 6:3).
91) I have delivered you from the authority of darkness (Col. 1:13).
92) I will deliver you from every evil work (II Tim. 4:18).
93) I tasted death for you. I destroyed the devil who had the power of death. I’ve
delivered you from the fear of death and bondage (Heb. 2:9, 14, 15).
94) I wash your body with pure water (Heb. 10:22; Eph. 5:26).
95) Lift up the weak hands and the feeble knees. Don’t let that which is lame be
turned aside but rather let Me heal it (Heb. 12:12, 13).
96) Let the elders anoint you and pray for you in My name and I will raise you up (Jas.
97) Pray for one another and I will heal you (Jas. 5:16).
98) By My stripes you were healed (I Pet. 2:24).
99) My Divine power has given unto you all things that pertain unto life and godliness
through the knowledge of Me (II Pet. 1:3).
100) Whosoever will let him come and take of the water of life freely (Rev. 22:17).
101) Beloved, I wish above all things that you may…be in health (III Jn. 2).
PRAYERS FOR PARENTS
1. Pray that parents would lead their children well, modeling a vibrant life of prayer, faith, and Bible study. Pray that parents would embrace their role as the chief disciple-makers in the home. (Deuteronomy 11:19)
2. Pray that parents deciding between public, private, and homeschooling would have the wisdom, resources, courage, and support necessary to do what is best for their family. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
3. Pray that parents would be engaged within their local school system and have the wisdom and courage to counter ungodly influences and indoctrination within education. (Ephesians 6:10-13)
4. Pray that parents would have the wisdom and discernment to know when their child is struggling with something (spiritually, relationally, academically, etc.) and seek the Lord on how to handle the situation best. (James 1:5)
5. Pray that parents' marriages would be strong. Pray that parents going through challenges in their marriages would find the help and healing they need. Also, pray that single parents would have endurance and a support system as they seek to create stable and safe homes for their children to come home to. (Ephesians 4:32; 5:22-33)
6. Pray that parents homeschooling for the first time this year would have wisdom in choosing the curriculum and extracurricular activities that best fit their children's needs. (Proverbs 22:6)
PRAYERS FOR STUDENTS
7. Pray that Christian students would set an example of purity for their peers in both word and deed and walk in a manner worthy of their calling as followers of Christ. (1 Timothy 4:12; Colossians 1:9-10)
8. Pray that students returning to in-person schooling would experience smooth transitions as they adjust to the often-changing rules and requirements put in place by school administrators to combat the pandemic. (Philippians 4:13)
9. Pray that students would have an attitude of respect for teachers. (Titus 3:1-2)
10. Pray that students would have the discernment to recognize truth from falsehood in what is being presented in the classroom and the culture at large. (Colossians 2:8; Proverbs 23:23; Romans 12:2)
11. Pray that Christian students would proactively reach out to classmates who feel lonely or left out. Pray that students would remember that everyone is valuable and has dignity. (Romans 12:16; Matthew 25:34-40)
12. Pray that students would get involved in or start Christian clubs on campus that will strengthen their faith and provide accountability for Christians on campus. (Colossians 3:16)
13. Pray that Christian students would not neglect attending church, Bible studies, and youth group meetings. Pray that they would have the courage to invite their non-believing friends to events where the gospel will be shared. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
14. Pray that students would stand strong in the face of temptations. (James 4:7)
15. Pray that Christian students would stand boldly against gossip and bullying. (Psalm 34:12-14; Proverbs 31:8-9)
16. Pray that Christian students would have the courage and opportunities to share the gospel with their friends. (Matthew 7:7; 1 Corinthians 16:9)
17. Pray that students would seek out wise, godly mentors in their lives and avoid influences that undermine their faith. (Proverbs 2:1-11; Ephesians 5:7-11)
18. Pray that students with emotional, physical, or family needs would receive the help and support they need to flourish and become all that God intends for them to be. (Hebrews 13:16; Philippians 4:6-7; 19)
19. Pray that students facing tough questions about their faith would not be persuaded by deceptive, unbiblical teaching. Pray that they would be able to give an answer for the hope they have in Christ. (1 Peter 3:15)
PRAYERS FOR TEACHERS & LEADERS
20. Pray that teachers would have wisdom and insight as they help students start a new school year/semester. (1 Kings 3:9)
21. Pray that Christian teachers would have the boldness to teach facts and critical thinking rather than ideologies and agendas contrary to God's truth. (Joshua 1:9)
22. Pray that school administrators would respect religious liberty and biblical values. Pray that they would resist the temptation to cave to pressure from anti-faith groups. (Ephesians 6:13)
23. Pray that teachers and administrators would exhibit grace and empathy for troubled students while also maintaining a safe and orderly environment. (Colossians 3:12-15)
24. Pray that Christian teachers and administrators would be encouraged in their calling to serve the next generation, especially on difficult days when they feel they are alone. (Galatians 6:9)
25. Pray that Christian coaches would develop meaningful mentoring relationships with student-athletes they can encourage and disciple. (Proverbs 27:17)
26. Pray that youth pastors and churches would develop meaningful relationships with students in their communities and have opportunities to influence their lives for good. (1 Corinthians 4:15)
PRAYERS FOR TODAY'S SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT
27. Pray that Christians involved in any part of the school system would take their cultural commission to be salt and light seriously. Pray that Christians would have opportunities to meet some of the material needs of students in their communities as well. (Matthew 5:13-16)
28. Pray that teachers, bus drivers, school employees, students, and their families would remain healthy as schools navigate public health concerns. (Psalm 103:2-4; 2 Chronicles 7:14)
29. Pray that our schools would be safe and that any plans for harm would be exposed and stopped. (Psalm 91)
30. Pray that everyone in the school system would have the gospel clearly presented to them through the words and actions of believers. (2 Thessalonians 3:1)
Pray for Elected Officials
The function of government is to restrain evil and to protect and promote the good. Given this function, the Christian understands that government is ordained of God. Romans 13:3–7 and 1 Peter 2:13–14 provide the most thorough treatment of a government’s purpose.
Although God has ordained government and its purposes, it does not have the solutions for all the problems and troubles in society. Those who govern are fallible people just like us, needing God’s wisdom just as much as we do. That is why those who serve the people need our prayers.
As Christians, scripture tells us to pray for our leaders.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
Take a few minutes to pray today and use our tool below to send your elected officials a note letting them know you are praying for them and that you encourage them to stand for biblical values.
A Prayer for Elected Officials
Dear Heavenly Father,
I come before you with a humble and grateful heart. I ask you to give wisdom to those who are seated in places of authority in our nation ________________________________, those representing me in the United States Senate, in the U.S. House, and those representing me in my state house.
Please give them wisdom on the difficult issues they are discussing and deciding on my behalf.
We ask that each representative would submit themselves to you God, the ultimate authority in each one of our lives. We pray that you would move on their hearts to protect the lives of the unborn, uphold religious freedom, and recognize family and gender as You, God, so beautifully and perfectly designed.
Help them to recognize rights are not granted by the government, they are given by You.
We pray they would use government to help secure peaceful and quiet living in our communities while respecting the proper role of your institutions of family and the church.
We know we are all sinful, subject to fall short, so we ask for an extra measure of humbleness for each of our elected officials to know wisdom only comes from You, Lord.
Please protect and strengthen each of their families, especially during times of separation.
We pray for those who do not know the saving grace of Jesus Christ and pray they will come to know You as their Savior.
We ask all this in Jesus Name.
God Has Ordained Four Basic Structures of Authority
Romans 13:1-2 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
1. The Family
The family was the very first authority structure that God ever established, and it is foundational to all other structures of authority. Strong families will produce strong churches and nations. Weak families will produce weak churches and weak nations. Scripture makes it very clear that the husband is under the direct authority of God…The wife is under the authority of the husband…And the children are under the authority of their parents. This is the chain-of-command which God has established within the family. If this chain is broken or perverted in any way, if the husband resigns the spiritual leadership of the family to his wife, if the children are undisciplined and allowed to do whatever they want, then there will be serious consequences in the lives of that family.
2. The Government
Submission to the entire structure of government from the leader of our country, all the way down to the local police officers is commanded in Scripture. 1 Peter 2:13-14 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
3. The Church
God has provided the leadership within a properly functioning local church to be responsible for the spiritual care and welfare of each member. Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
4. Our Employers
Paul, in Ephesians 6:5, writes, “Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ.”
Is there ever a situation when we should disobey those in authority over us? Acts 4:19-20 infers that if we are confronted with a situation and are asked by our authorities to violate a Biblical command or principle, then we must obey God rather than man.