*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2282473-Look-up-Here-Eye
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #2282473
My sequel to Listen Ear by Paul Jennings
(Paul Jennings (a favorite author of mine) inspired me to write a sequel for his short story, Listen Ear), so here it is, please enjoy)


I could not believe it. I was in utter shock. Mom, Dad, and Sophie wanted to speak, but nothing was audible. It was not my hearing, I heard fine. “Maybe it is all a dream” I told myself. Sadly, it was not. Fortunately, for me, I could hear again the next day. I asked Mom how the movie was. “Sweetie, the movie was terrible. We saw Mortal Kombat. I cannot believe your father actually took us to see that.” She said cupping her hands around her face. “Great, I told myself, the movie I wanted to see so much.” “It was actually not bad” my dad said. He loved that kind of stuff as I did; Mom was not into that much. “Anyway, we had to leave early thanks to you” Sophie remarked. Her comment was a bit snarky, but I did not mind. After all, I knew I was right. “Well, serves you right for promising to taking me and then not letting me go.” “We know, honey, and we are sorry that was bad of us, but we were frustrated with your lies. Listen, since you are feeling better, and since you were telling the truth after all. Let us all go again tonight, and then have a fancy dinner, we owe you.” “Count me out” Sophie said, “I do not want to see that movie again.”

Later it was a nice evening. Sophie got a babysitter, the same one who was supposed to check on me, and Dad, Mom, and I went out for a movie. The movie was great as I expected, and all that popcorn, candy, and Coke, even before dinner. I did not want the movie to end. “I still did not enjoy it” Mom said, “But anything for our son” placing her hands around my shoulders. I was actually hoping for a sequel. Afterwards, we had a mouthwatering delicious dinner; my parents even let me pick out where I wanted to go, even if it was expensive. I picked Red Lobster. When we got home that evening, I felt a little strange though. “Thank you for the fun night” I blurted to Mom and Dad walking upstairs to my room, “But I have to go to bed. I am feeling a little lightheaded.” “Perhaps all that violence” Mom told Dad. “I will go upstairs and check on him.” Mom knocked and I invited her in. She sat on my bed and put her hand on my forehead. “A little warm, go to bed, you will feel better in the morning.” “I hope so” I told her. Mom slowly walked out my room, shut off the light and closed the door. After a little while, I heard a strange quiet voice. The lights were all off; everyone has already gone to bed. “Look up here” the voice said. I stared at my ceiling and saw a strange eye. I did not know what it wanted. “Remember those X Ray vision glasses you wore? Put them on and see something that will astound you.” I looked for my glasses and put them on, what I saw was surprising, something I did not ever see before.
© Copyright 2022 Sir T-Rex Draco Gatordile (mountainking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2282473-Look-up-Here-Eye