*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/607981-Two-Attorneys
by Shaara
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #607981
Even the best of resolutions can be overturned by the right kiss... A short, short story
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Two Attorneys



"Ah, the only adversary I ever wish I'd lost to," the D.A. greeted her.

Throughout the rest of the party, Jamey gnawed over Peter's words, and when the event was almost over, she confronted him. "What did you mean by that?"

Peter smiled in a way that torched her interior. Jamey blushed.

The D.A. stepped closer and whispered into her ear. “If I hadn't won that case against you, we'd be married now."

Jamey's head reared up. No way! Not to Peter! Then she looked into his eyes. Her legs shook, her mouth went dry, and her heart thumped its own chorus. Jamey turned to flee, but it was already too late. Peter’s arms encircled her. Then his lips melded with hers.

When they drew apart, Jamey sighed contentedly. She looked up at him and smiled. Maybe, it was possible that the D.A. and a private attorney could be more than just adversaries.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Word Count: 153 words


© Copyright 2003 Shaara (shaara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/607981-Two-Attorneys