*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/668340-Prove-God-You-Say
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #668340
God proves Himself if we will only open our eyes and see.
Prove God, You Say?
By Marilyn Mackenzie


Why of course I can prove God, or better still God can prove God.

The proof of the Creator is seen in the early morning, as the fog rests upon the ground and the morning dew sparkles on each tiny blade of grass. He can be heard in the sweet morning song of the birds that alerts the romping squirrels to a new day, a new adventure. All the while, the morning sun peeks from the horizon, beginning in deep shades of red and ending in bright oranges and yellows. Streaks of pinks and blues sneak into the Artist’s morning canvas. My mind captures the sight and places it carefully into my memory, for I know tomorrow’s morning sky will be different. The Artist’s sky is different each day, and it’s a shame that most people miss this morning art.

The aroma of each flower, or of each succulent fruit reminds us that God created them. The feeling of sand squishing between our toes, the icy chill of the blue, clear ocean life liquid, and the cool breeze are more reminders of His might and power. The clouds overhead, appearing first in familiar shapes of animals and birds, then as the wind blows, changing them to look like large balls of cotton or long strings of cotton candy, boast of the same Creator.

The glistening, cold snow at the top of the mountain, mounds of snow consisting of individual and unique snowflakes, are proof of the Creator’s hand. And changing seasons - Spring with its first flowers peeking through remaining snow, Summer’s heat and lush greens, Autumn’s leaves in hues of red and orange and yellow, and Winter’s harsh winds and white, fluffy snows - remind us that there is purpose and order to this world.

God is seen in baby’s first smile and heard in his first laugh, or in the lilting song of a young girl singing in front of an audience for the first time. And He is definitely seen in man’s ability to string letters together to make words, as thoughts become reality in stories and poems.

Since the beginning of time, people have tried to prove that God does not exist. Their attempts to prove evolution have failed. Each supposed "missing link" has been shown to be false evidence. The "big bang" theory cannot be proven in any laboratory, for even scientists know that order cannot be created out of chaos.

A few years ago, my son asked how I could know there was a God. I explained to him that from my earliest memories of life I have known that there is, indeed, a living God. It isn’t a head knowledge kind of thing, or even just a heart knowledge, but rather a deep down soul knowledge. It’s rather hard to explain, but I have no doubts about this.

Believing in Him, then, the evidence of His existence bombards every minute, every hour of my day, my life. Over and over, the proof of God’s existence is shown to me throughout the day, because I first believe.

God is seen in the tiny ant crawling over my bare foot. He’s seen in the bee buzzing around my window. God’s creatures were each lovingly created and given purpose. Each man, woman and child, too, has a purpose, one that when discovered and performed, makes each of us feel a joy and fulfillment that cannot truly be explained.

Man’s purpose is not to prove God. If we first believe, the proof is all around us. God proves Himself if we will only open our eyes and see.

***********


In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1 NIV

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than the sparrows. Luke 12:6-7 NIV

© Copyright 2003 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/668340-Prove-God-You-Say