*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/719202-Winnie-the-Pooh-and-the-Beanstalk
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #719202
Pooh plants some magic beans...
1st runner up in the 5 minute Tales, July prompt

Hi! This was written for the 5 minute Tales Contest. The prompt was to rewrite a fairy tale useing Pooh characters, so I picked to base my loosely on the Beanstalk. Hope you like it *Smile*


I have used basically the New Adventures Of Winnie the Pooh for my story, Just in case you wanted to know  (I did spell Heffalumps right, cause I looked it up in my collection of Pooh stories.) I know that honey is spelled wrong and Hello is Hallo throughout the story, but that’s the way the book spells them in every story.


Pooh and the Beanstalk


Once upon a time, in the Hundred-Acre Wood, lived a bear named Pooh. Pooh lived a happy life, filled with friends, adventure and hunny.

One day pooh came across his friend Christopher Robin.

“Christopher Robin, look what Owl gave me for helping him gather twigs,” Winnie the Pooh proudly showed a paw filled with beans. “Owl said they were magic beans that will grow to the land of the never-ending hunny pot. Can you imagine all that hunny?” Pooh laughed at the idea.

“Silly ol’ bear.” Christopher Robin rubbed Pooh’s head, “There is no such thing as magic beans, just regular beans that will just make a boring plant.”

Pooh shrugged and started towards Rabbit’s house. “Oh well, I shall just plant them and see what grows. Hallo Rabbit,”

“Oh, Hallo Pooh. Shoo you nasty birds! Get away from my crops!” Rabbit chased the birds with a broom.

“Ah, Rabbit, would you mind if I planted these seeds in your garden?”

“What?” Rabbit asked, not really paying pooh attention, “Oh a spot to plant, sure, plant them over there in that empty spot. Ah Ha! Got you now, leave my tomatoes alone!”

Rabbit chased the birds that kept returning while Pooh planted the seeds in one hole and covered them up.

Later that night as the Hundred-Acre Woods slept, Rabbit was woken up by a great rumbling from the ground.

“What happened?” he asked himself. “Must be Gopher making new tunnels again. I must talk to him about not doing it at night.” Rabbit rolled over and went back to sleep, but just before he slept fully, he thought he heard a little voice saying, “Oh d-d-d-d-dear!”


The next morning the animals of the woods woke up to a surprise. Growing out of the corner of Rabbit’s garden was a huge, gigantic beanstalk.

Pooh, Rabbit and Tigger stood staring at the tall plant.

“Wahoohoo. What a plant you grew, buddy boy!” Tigger said.

“Why, yes, but however did it get so big?” Pooh asked.

“It was those pesky birds! The birds I tell you, they made the plant a monster!” Rabbit complained.

“I wonder,” Pooh pondered as he reached for the first leaf, “What is at the top?”

“Pooh, what are you doing? Do you have any idea how dangerous it could be?” Rabbit was scared.

“Don’t worry about danger. Let’s go,” Tigger said as he hopped from leaf to leaf using his tail.

“Well, someone has to keep you two out of trouble,” up the vine Rabbit went, following Pooh and Tigger.

The beanstalk was easy to climb. The three used the leaves to move up. Finally they reached the top that was in the clouds. A tree house sat right at the top of the cloud.

“That looks like someplace I know…” Tigger said.

Suddenly they heard, “Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum”

“It’s a heffalump!” Rabbit cried. The three held on to each other as the stomping noise and Fo-Fum’s came closer.

A giggle came from the tree house. “Its just me!” out popped Piglet.

“Piglet, what are you doing here?”

“I was sleeping when the ground started to shake and my house was pushed up here.” Piglet looked at them, “How did you get here?”

“Whoo-hoo, we climbed up the stalk.” Tigger told Piglet.

“But Piglet, how did such a small animal like you get such a big voice?” Pooh asked as he scratched his head.

“Simple, this place made my voice big, that’s how. Listen.” Piglet turned around to where the sound was the best. “Hallo…”

The Hallo echoed loudly making him sound like a giant.

“So that’s how you did it,” Pooh laughed, “I think I am going to look for that hunny pot Owl told me about,” Pooh started toward where the clouds were the thickest, hoping for a snack.

Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Rabbit explored the top of the beanstalk. Soon they came across another friend.

“Hallo Eeorye! Are you here too?”

“Yep, woke up here in the clouds with this pot next to me,” he answered.

“Pot? As in Hunny Pot? Maybe I should take a little smackaroo…” Pooh looked behind Eeorye and stuck his hand into the pot. “Yummy.”

Soon they all were having a snack enjoying the never-ending hunny pot when they heard a noise. A thump-thump was coming towards them. It became louder and closer.

“It really is a heffalump!” Tigger cried.

“Oh d-d-d-dear! Let’s go,” Piglet said, worried that the heffalump was hungry for piglets.

All five ran toward the base of the stalk. Tigger bounced down each leaf, Rabbit climbed down, following Tigger.

“Oh my. I guess it would be a waste to leave the hunny,” Pooh said as he hugged the pot tightly to him and slid down the slide that the wrapped veins had made.

“Let’s go Eeorye!” Piglet cried as he hopped onto the donkey’s back and grabbed onto his ears. The two screamed the whole way down; hoping the monster wasn’t following them.

They all met at the bottom of the stalk. Pooh was eating the hunny while Rabbit and Tigger decided that they were all safe, the heffalump was afraid to climb down, so it would stay up there.

As Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit, and Eeorye ate hunny celebrating their escape, Kanga looked down from the top and said to Roo, “I wish they had stayed for cookies.”

What about the Thump-Thump, you ask? Was it really a Heffalump?

No it was not. It was just Kanga and Roo. They were taking a late night walk when the stalk grew beneath them, sending them to the clouds.

All summer long they had beans from the stalk, and they were quiet tasty, especially when they were dipped into the magical hunny.

1021 wds.
© Copyright 2003 Jade is very busy (jadeshark at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/719202-Winnie-the-Pooh-and-the-Beanstalk