*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/792289-Question-love-and-egocentricity
Rated: E · Critique · Cultural · #792289
I would like to exchange on the question of love and egocentricity. Please respond!
Questioning?

Love and egocentricity


To start this questioning on arbitrary meaning of these concepts, let’s try a definition for these.

For this questioning, we will consider a person and leave out the nuances for numerous persons.

Love: A need to bring to a person more happiness or be there for her profit.

Egocentricity: A need to get or receive more happiness from a person or profit from her presence.

When we are loved, we satisfy our need to get or receive more happiness from a person or profit from her presence. Are we egocentric?

When we are egocentric, we satisfy our need to get or receive more happiness from a person or profit from her presence. Are we being loved?

To be able to love someone else we must first be able to love ourselves.

Loving ourselves is to satisfy our need to get or receive more happiness from a person or profit from her presence.

Being egocentric is to satisfy our need to get or receive more happiness from a person or profit from her presence.

It seems that to be capable of love we must be capable of being egocentric. In fact, when we are in love we satisfy our need to be in love, which is being egocentric, and when we are egocentric we can be in love with someone.
© Copyright 2003 marginalman (marginalman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/792289-Question-love-and-egocentricity