*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Back to School
  2. Gender Swap Stories
  3. Gotham City
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1800503-Batman-Changes/cid/1181762-Back-to-School
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #1800503
The knights and villains of Gotham city find themselves in weird transformation stories.
This choice: Back to School  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Back to School

    by: Michelle-the-Monster
Suspicions of a possible terrorist attack on Gotham High School consumed me. Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, Scarecrow, it could have been any one of them! I had to know, but there wasn't a single trace. This was the perfect opportunity to test out my latest creation. I had to take action.

As I prepared to turn on the machine, Alfred Pennyworth, my trusted assistant, entered and inquired about my device.

"It's a metamorphosis chamber Alfred," I explained, clearly proud of my latest achievement, "Using similar qualities to the substance produced by our old friend Clayface, this machine is capable of shifting the formation of a human's biological cells, changing their appearance and, therefore, assume the disguise of an entirely different person, male or female, fat or thin, man or child! It can even change someone's voice to match its new form! It is the ultimate shape-changing device!"

"I see," Alfred was clearly unamused. "Are you sure about this, master Bruce? It seems highly unstable."

"Don't worry Alfred," I assured him of the safety precautions if anything went wrong with the chamber. I was totally confident in my latest creation, a machine capable of mimicking the same abilities as Basil Karlo, but little did I realize that such immense power could not be manipulated by a mere machine. I was oblivious to the unstable nature of the device, a mistake that I could not let down.

I entered the chamber and switched it on. I proposed to Alfred that, if I used this machine to disguise myself as another human being, more accurately a high school student, I could investigate the area, undetected, on a regular daily basis, to ensure its safety, and to prevent any possible terrorist attacks. Alfred was reluctant in me doing so. I should have listened to him.

Inside the chamber I felt my entire body change. I wanted to take a form similar to when I was in my later teenage years, regress myself back to the age of a senior high school student, but alas, during the operation, something went horribly wrong. The machine malfunctioned, and my body was altered drastically, more than I anticipated. A loud, deep scream of pain coursed into a high-pitched, piercing shriek. Indeed my voice was changing, but I knew that this was not the only part of my body that was changing.

Over my sound of my shrill, feminine cry for help, I could hear Alfred trying his best to shut down the machine. Eventually he did, but the damage had already been done. The chamber was up in smoke, and the fuse had died out, but this was the least of my worries. Dazed and aching, I crawled out of the chamber, noticing the widened eyes on Alfred's look of astonishment.

Confused, I climbed up, only to stumble upon the sight of my new body, tucked inside my old clothes. Horrified by the result of my foolish mistake, I returned to my feet and rushed towards the reflective mirror on the side of the broken chamber.

Shocked wasn't even the word to describe how I felt as I stared at the unusual reflection that looked back at me.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Michelle-the-Monster (UN: brezzy666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michelle-the-Monster has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1800503-Batman-Changes/cid/1181762-Back-to-School