*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The beast of the market
  2. From humble beginnings.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2211018-A-boy-vs-the-world/cid/2780878-The-beast-of-the-market
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #2211018
Can Carl Ruiz become not the hero we need nor deserve. But the one we only got?
This choice: ...a mutant causing a scene in the farmer's market!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The beast of the market

    by: P O S T B O Y
The article plainly said that a mutant is attacking the Thompson market over at Miller boulevard. Local heroes were too busy dealing with either bigger problems or having interviews with talk show hosts to deal with the menace.

'Typical...' Carl sourly snorted as he got up. His fingers jingles and jittered as he grabbed his navy blue hoodie. Taking a deep breath that made his whole body shuddered. This is the first time that he will actually physically had to deal with someone. Usually, he will be on the receiving end of a fight. Often finding himself in a trash can or locker.

But not today! Today, the tables have been flipped. You going to fight for good people of Emberville, be their torch of hope and justice.

With a new resolve in the deep depths in your gut. You wrapped your older sister's black scarf around your mouth as you zipped the jacket. And putting on your dad's hardware goggles for extra anonymity because you can't afford people figuring your now secret identity out. It's basically Heroics 101! Making sure to be extra careful, you went out in back doors and took off in the air.

Your lack of speed when flying really made the trip to the farmer market, which is eleven whole miles from your home by the way, really...boring. You almost flew right the place right then and there. As you noticed that the market was deserted...for one figure who was..
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 P O S T B O Y (UN: christyadot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
P O S T B O Y has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2211018-A-boy-vs-the-world/cid/2780878-The-beast-of-the-market