*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004122-The-Lion-and-the-Unicorn
Rated: ASR · Book · Nonsense · #2242700
Wonderland blog
#1004122 added February 10, 2021 at 8:47pm
Restrictions: None
The Lion and the Unicorn
I Love my Love with an H

Homeless Harry wants a house. His hopes have fallen since his hat was lost. In that hat sat a ticket. That ticket held the winning numbers. The honor of winning came with a house. He searched hay bales and handbaskets. Horses whinnied as he searched their homes. He moved hoses and hatchets but couldn't find that hat.

While Harry searched, hoodlums had hacked up his cardboard box. Homeless Harry had nothing, no house, no hat, no ticket or box. He didn't even have a ham sandwich for lunch. Walking aimlessly through town he had little hope. Then he spotted his hat on a ferry boat. He jumped from the dock to the "Henriette Hanes" a houseboat headed to sea.

Harry grabbed his hat and checked its hatband. There he found the ticket for his home to be. Harry clutched it tightly and jumped into the sea. He swam back to the harbor and hitched a ride in a handsome cab. It dropped him off at the office of the lottery he handed in his ticket and received his house key.

181 words

Cut the Cake!

Congratulations you are fired!
But dear sir, I haven't hired!
Then hired you are, nice finished work.
But dear sir, I don't deserve that perk.
Fine finish the work, then file the claim.
What for dear sir? I feel the same.
Fall from the ladder, then climb right up.
I quit. Dear sir, I've had enough.


8 lines

© Copyright 2021 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004122-The-Lion-and-the-Unicorn